• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Ear by Paul Smith

Spamiroquai

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a long search through the world wide web I failed to find an explanation about my new 'Red Ear by Paul Smith'-jeans. I ain't familiar with this brand, I usually wear Italian brands (except Replay). So, inside the jeans (right pocket), there is an 'instruction' by the designers, it's kinda funny. I wonder how other people threat the Red Ear jeans.

literally quote:
The jeans you have bought are very beautiful, congratulations! You will be honoured with blue hands.

Japanese Natural Indigo makes the most beautiful denim. But be careful of friends with white leather sofas. It has a tendency to rub off. Especially in humid climates.

If you want to make the jeans even more beautiful please don't wash them (for a while). The longer the denim remains un-washed the more interesting the wear patterns become. This stops the jeans from becoming flat and sad in later life.

Hang jeans regularly in the fresh air, this will keep them smelling fresh. After 1 year the nearest and dearest around you will start to complain. The best way to wash your jeans is to go swimming in the sea with them (always take them on holiday!). This brings out the best in indigo. If this feels a bit extravagant, select the hand wash option (most washing machines have one). Never ever use detergent please!

More info of producing this jeans: https://blueingreensoho.com/site/ind...do_pdf=1&id=69

I can believe the jeans will have an extraordinary pattern within a while, but will this make me delightful after one year? Someone got experience with this kind off jeans?

TY

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy jean makes great delightful! Happy time.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice jeans. I wouldn't expect them to fade very much though. You should enjoy them as they are.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Very nice jeans. I wouldn't expect them to fade very much though. You should enjoy them as they are.
But will he feel delightful after one year??? C'mon, people. This is crucial ****.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy jeans you have
Sea water makes the great fade
But white sofas cry

Spamiroquai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
But will he feel delightful after one year??? C'mon, people. This is crucial ****.
Haha, what i'm saying is, i hope the jeans will not smell like (beep) when i take their advice.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a delightful person

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spamiroquai
Haha, what i'm saying is, i hope the jeans will not smell like (beep) when i take their advice.
I didn't read the whole thing, just looked at it. Don't take their advice. Just read up on how to care for raw jeans. Please don't jump in the ocean

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans smell like doo doo
When you do not wash at all
No ***** for you

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when does PS hire spammers for Red Ear?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't even notice his name :p

Spamiroquai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
How can someone not be familiar with a brand but feel inclined to step away from eurotrash jeans just long enough to drop some $$$ on some natural indigo? S P A M ?
Omg dude.. Why the hell are you responding anyway? I'm just wondering people do know this sub-brand a bit more as i do

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is Paul Smith himself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads