• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red carpet Event fashion help

Jonnydrama32

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to a red carpet Event that is LA stylish (meaning, no suit necessary). I want to wear a royal blue coat and pink dress shirt. But I'm a little unsure on pant color.

I have four choices:

Forest green
White
Red

Do any of these work for a fashionable event, but not too flashy? Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20190908_211934.jpg
    20190908_211934.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190908_211650.jpg
    20190908_211650.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20190908_211502.jpg
    20190908_211502.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 68

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The white pants are too long, but maybe there's time to have that fixed. That outfit would be okay for a sunny September not-so-formal event in Los Angeles.

The green pants fit too poorly, and the red pants are too much with that jacket. By the way, the jacket looks too tight in front, but unfortunately that's in style in some circles.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First, I would ditch that shirt.

Each one of those pants would look better with that jacket and a white shirt. The "pink" throws it off. If you must, navy slacks may work.

Next time, take pics of the full outfit......which includes shoes.

Speaking of which...what color shoes were you planning on?

And yes...the jacket seems small.

Jan Capek

Reaction score
If somebody decided to break the custom and invite me to a red carpet event, I would rather err on the side of being too formal and show up more polished. In other words, I would advise against your very informal attire.
Also, I think the jacket is not so much small as it is short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads