• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red and Navy ISAIA tag??

bsarosi

Reaction score
I came across an ISAIA suit with a tag I'd never seen before. It was stitched on the sleeve with the top half navy and the bottom half red. The top half had Gianluca Isaia in gold lettering and the bottom half had 120 with a name (assuming the wool and the retailer) in gold.

Is this a new tag that ISAIA is using? Or does the retailer make this themselves and attach it? I've never seen this type of tag on the sleeve. Sleeves were basted as it was NWT but most ISAIA tags are on the inside either red with black/white lettering or black and brown with white lettering.

Any insights SF has would be appreciated. The price was excellent for NWT which makes me a little hesitant. Would be happy to hear others' opinions.

Thanks in advance

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where was this, a boutique? Sounds similar to some of those suits I sometimes see at Off 5th where the sleeve tag says "Ermengildo Zegna" but doesn't look like a Zegna tag. Then you look closer and see the smaller text that indicates it's cloth from Zegna but a suit from some no-name.

bsarosi

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking but I couldn't find anything on the suit that says the cloth is from ISAIA.

It was in a boutique and the price was a steal, but the tag really threw me off. I would definitely go back and pull the trigger if some SFers have seen this before and had good experiences, but right now I'm pretty hesitant.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - pics would be most helpful. If you feel weird about it, just tell the shop you want to take a photo of the cloth or the pattern to confirm it's not something similar to what you already have, then get a pic of the tag in question.

And not that I'm an Isaia expert, but their current mainline stuff is the red tag with the white coral logo.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Yea, this tag was on the outside of the sleeve and was definitely not the current mainline one (which is usually on the inside of the right chest, if I recall). It was two horizontal stripes (red on top of navy) with gold block lettering. Never seen anything like it by ISAIA.

I will try and make a stop this weekend and post a pic if the suit is still available.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other question is how the material felt, and whether the suit was fully canvassed. I doubt some diffusion line or knock off would have good cloth or canvassed construction. Were there other styles as well to look at?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to own some (very) old "Gianluca Isaia" items. There was no line called "Isaia" then. I am trying to remember what the tags looked like. They definitely hadn't started on the coral thing yet.

bsarosi

Reaction score
So I came across something very similar on eBay, which I may consider as well depending on what everyone says. The colors and lettering of the tag in the link are the same but the name on the red part is different (likely a different retailer), which makes me think maybe this is a legit tag. Have a look and let me know what you think: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT As to the quality/feel of the the cloth, it definitely felt pretty good. I'm not an expert at determinig fused vs. canvassed but my first thought was canvassed (not sure about the one in the link btw)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads