• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recs for everyday affordable leather shoes to wear with jeans?

Mr. Right

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm in college and have pretty much decided to ditch the sneaker. I wear jeans with everything and used to wear Onitsuka Tigers with them but I want to upgrade. I'm looking for recommendations for brown leather shoes that I can wear with my denim almost every day. I can't spend more than 150 on it, so what are some good quality shoes for around that price?

Thanks!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^LL Bean blucher mocs
LL Bean brown or dirty bucks.

Easy and affordable.

pharrow59

Reaction score
you're probably looking at some type of boot. the standard answers you'll receive are:

clarks desert boots
frye brando/owen/sid
red wing gentleman travelers
alden indy boots

the first i wouldn't recommend since winter is here (unless you live in a warmer climate). the last three are pricier at retail but can be found under your budget if you look hard enough on the internet.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Jcrew usually has some boots or oxfords for sale that go with jeans.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

skunkworks

Reaction score
Use the search function, this thread has been done multiple times in the past few months.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of blue denim jeans and I don't know what goes with them. I usually go barefoot, but am looking for something dressier since there's snow and broken glass outside. I don't like sneakers. I don't like dress shoes. I don't like boots. Please help me out.

P.S. I used the search function and came up with nothing.

edit. I forgot to mention that I go to a school, so my budget is only $64.00

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would second the rec for LL Bean Katahdin boots. They are amazing for $150 and I love mine.

Also, the LL Bean blucher mocs and Clarks Desert boots are also great chioces, though I don't find my DB's to be all that comfortable really.

F475

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
I have a pair of blue denim jeans and I don't know what goes with them. I usually go barefoot, but am looking for something dressier since there's snow and broken glass outside. I don't like sneakers. I don't like dress shoes. I don't like boots. Please help me out.

P.S. I used the search function and came up with nothing.

edit. I forgot to mention that I go to a school, so my budget is only $64.00

These should do...

yellow-wooden-shoes.jpg

1855957640_d26348ffe4.jpg

teacha.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If they were socal would be all over it like flies on ****.

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Look no further than a pair of Dr. Marten's Gibsons, without the steel toecap but with the yellow welt stitching, classic street look and ultra-comfortable. Model No. 1461z. I've worn a pair of these on and off for over 10 years, they seem to be indestructible. Also they come up to an almost patent leather shine when and if you need them to.

http://www.cloggs.co.uk/invt/31

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads