• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recrafting shoes

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had shoes recrafted by someone other than the manufacturer? If so how did they turn out?

Phil

Reaction score
I had Allen Edmonds resole a pair of Alden cordovan chukka boots. Took them about 3 weeks, they did a superb job. Hope that helps.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That does help. Has anyone had any shoes recrafted by a local cobbler?

JohnMS

Reaction score
I have had good luck with a particular cobbler in Salt Lake City, but there is supposedly a cobbler in the Houston area that Johnny from Harolds in the Heights uses that is supposed to be very good.

1-800-598-SHOE

Ask for Johnny. He is very customer-service friendly. He might could give you the name of the cobbler and you could send the shoes directly to that cobbler.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had my AE's re-soled by the local cobbler. dunno if that counts as 're-crafting', but they did condition the leather. they turned out pretty nice i thought. not top quality, but serviceable.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.