• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended trench coats?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I have been lead to believe that nothing (within reason) beats that classic Burberry trench coat for quality. But that thread below about Burberry's has me thinking.

Is Burberry's really the trench to have or are there better ones out there? Does it go up a few more levels?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best trench is any one that covers your ass. Burberry and Aquascutum are the standards.

swb120

Reaction score
I have an Aquascutum and absolutely love it. But you can't go wrong with either.

Pengranger

Reaction score
I've got both and it's difficult to choose between them. If anything Burberry is sometimes considered a little more showy.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
The best trench is any one that covers your ass. Burberry and Aquascutum are the standards.

I agree. But beware: both make a large range of trenches of varying materials, country of origin and detailing, so just check what you're looking at is exactly what you want.

phillyesq

Reaction score
I just purchased a London Fog trench coat. It was new, and very reasonable with the shipping. I'm not a huge build (about 5'9" 160ish), and I feel that I get lost inside a giant db trench coat. I was looking for something single breasted with exposed buttons, and this seems to do the trick.

I'm sure that it won't be nearly as nice as a Burberry or Aquascutum, but it seems like it will do the job, which is really all that I was looking for.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a RL trench (can't remember the label) that I bought in Nov and it is wonderful.

Repels water well, keeps me warm.

Just too bad that it hasn't been cold here this year. Haven't worn it much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads