• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended sock brands--(Fort Belvedere?)

MRAnd

Reaction score
Would appreciate any recommendations for high quality socks. I last bought a pair of Pantherella but frankly was a bit disappointed. Could it have been a fluke or are they, like all brands, not what they were?

Has anyone any experience with Fort Belevedere, the shop affiliated with The Gentleman's Gazette?

adrianvo

Reaction score
Viccel socks from Turkey are probably the best bang for your buck if you want similar socks to what Fort Belvedere has.

noa99ap

Reaction score
Mazarin from Mes Chaussettes Rouges is the absolute best in Europe. Don't know if they ship worldwide

paxonus

Reaction score
Viccel socks from Turkey are probably the best bang for your buck if you want similar socks to what Fort Belvedere has.
I will second Viccel. They may not have all the patterns and colors of the FBs, but the OTCs do come in 3 different weights.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've always worn Marcoliani and Bresciani. Both are Italian producers and very good. But a few years ago, I tried Dapper Classics because they advertise with a company I work for. I've also been impressed with their socks and would compare them favorably to those Italian brands.

Panama

Reaction score
Brands not mentioned above:
Palatino
EGTVED
Gallo
Mes Chaussetes Rouges - Gammarelli
Falke
Sozzi
Doré Doré
Dublo
Kunert
Corgi
PedeMeia

I am happy with Corgi and PedeMeia.
Pantherella and Falke could be more robust.

WatchmeWhipWatchmena

Reaction score
G
Brands not mentioned above:
Palatino
EGTVED
Gallo
Mes Chaussetes Rouges - Gammarelli
Falke
Sozzi
Doré Doré
Dublo
Kunert
Corgi
PedeMeia

I am happy with Corgi and PedeMeia.
Pantherella and Falke could be more robust.
Gallo and Sozzi Milano seems like the only viable ones here in the UK. But £30 for a pair of socks though... They do on the other hand have very unique styles, like Seersucker socks in wide range of colors which is extremely cool. Why don't Pantherella and other brands do this is beyond me. The established UK brands all are so boring in their designs.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Southern Scholar. Great socks, almost too much to choose from.

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
Also, Mes Chaussetes Rouges (my red socks). Lots to choose from.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have bought recently from Boardroom Socks. Made in USA; the wool OTC socks seem well made. Reasonably priced.

jeremygo

Reaction score
I have a handful of pairs from Sid Mashburn and think they're good quality and reasonably priced.

WatchmeWhipWatchmena

Reaction score
Pantherella merino wool pilled heavily on me and the reinforced elastane ribbing comes out.
same experience here. seems like all the UK socks are all lame. Though I haven't tried London Sock Company or Corgi socks, because they have boring designs for long socks.

msimon

Reaction score
same experience here. seems like all the UK socks are all lame. Though I haven't tried London Sock Company or Corgi socks, because they have boring designs for long socks.
I am actually impressed by my corgi socks that I acquired a month or so ago. I received the 75/25 cotton ribbed socks, egyptian cotton boot socks, superfine merino boot socks and the donegal wool socks, all have met above my expectations. The cotton ribbed do pill slightly at friction spots but nothing major and are the softest socks I have had and retain the softness wash after wash.

Totally agree on boring, unless you fancy some pictorial flat knit, but a lot of them come off as childish. I did pick up a box of King Charles coronation socks though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads