Recommended cobbler to resole in London

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pred02, Oct 25, 2015.

1. pred02

pred02 Senior member

Hi,

I have a decent pair of Barkers and Loakes that I bought through Herringshoes that need resoling. When I inquired with Herrings, they said resole with be £70 per pair which is a bit high.

Does anyone know a good cobbler in London that I can use to resole that is reasonably priced?

Thanks

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

You pay for what you get, if the shoes are "a decent pair" then surely it is worth going back to the manufacturer who will have the lasts etc. at its disposal?

Decent shoes bit require appropriate treatment and repay it with years of satisfactory service but taking a cheapskate approach to their care is somewhat ludicrous.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

For a proper resole, that's about par for the course, particularly in London. It's the same pretty much everywhere in Europe.

4. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

You can pay less, but it would be a lower quality resole

What range of Barker's and Loakes are the shoes from, if their are from the lower ranges probably not worth re-soling.

I once got two pairs of shoes resoled from a local cobbler and even though the shoes were worn as 'kick-abouts' I would not do it again.