• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended cleaners in richmond, va?

JohnInRichmond

Reaction score
Here's a shot in the dark...

Can anyone recommend any good cleaners in the Richmond, Virginia, area? I know there are some in places like Washington, New York, etc., but I'm hoping there's at least one or two in my little corner of the world.

Please accept my thanks in advance for any help provided.

ROT

Reaction score
Hi John,

I've got two. Rely on The Village Cleaners at Three Chopt and Patterson in the Ukrop's strip mall for shirts, etc. For very fine items, Pitchford's, at 2015 W Broad. They do everything by hand. Expensive, $5/shirt and around $10 or 15/suit (it's been a while since I cleaned them)

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pitchfords is probably the best. I would call Franco's and ask them to recommend a few as well, might find one that suits your budget/location better.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would call Franco's and ask them to recommend a few as well
We recommend Pitchford as well. Puritan (the one off of Staples Mill Rd., by Sal's) is pretty good as well, if $ needs to be saved. We, of course, would rather a customer not use any cleaners unless absolutely neccessary. We are more than happy to steam out and hand press any of our garments in our own shop. Pitchford is the only shop in town that uses lower settings on the press machines and does it by hand. [email protected]

JohnInRichmond

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I'll definitely check out Pitchford.

Rider, a couple of questions:

1. You mention Puritan by Staples Mill. Is that location different from their others around town. There's a Puritan closer to me. But the Staples Mill location is near enough that I can go there if they're distinctly better.

2. Do you mean that Francos handles cleaning garments? Do you mean everything, or just suits, sports jackets, slacks sold by Franco? I purchased my last suit and sports coat at Francos on Lakeside.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. You mention Puritan by Staples Mill. Is that location different from their others around town.

Apparently, yes. Not sure how myself, but thats what the guys say.
If they are our garments, bring them by. If they really do need to go to the cleaners, they will tell you. Otherwise we would be happy to steam out and re-press them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads