• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations - Homecoming

hesham8

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This October is my junior year homecoming dance. Now, as a general rule, I avoid school functions like this and usually play a gig with the band or hang out with friends around a deck of cards and a few beers. However, this year I have a girlfriend around the time of the dance (Odd for me - I usually go for quick relationships or summer long relationships). More to the point, I need something to wear, because I'm not exactly sure what semi-formal means. My budget is irrelevant, assuming the clothes aren't obscenely expensive.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To my senior year homecoming, I wore orange pants, blue and white striped shirt, multi-colored diagonal striped tie, a navy blue double-breasted blazer, and yellow Sperry Top-Siders. I was the shit.

Wear whatever you want as long as it includes tie, shirt, pants, and coat. Homecoming is so informal that, depending on your area, most will probably come coat-less and some with short-sleeved button-down oxfords. Have a look in your local TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Goodwill [great if you don't have a sportcoat], or department store sales and find something unique you like and will probably have a chance of wearing again. As for fit, look at the What Are You Wearing Today thread for proper fit examples and some color combo ideas.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The above advice is good because you are probably still growing and this is probably not the time to invest in a really good suit. Macy's can have good deals too-but stay away from The Men's Wearhouse-pure crap. And don't lower yourself to anything as base as Sears or JC Penny.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%