• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for summer suit in S. Florida mid May wedding

pongster

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long time lurker decided to make an account for some advice. I am looking for recommendations on a summer suit(Groom) in S. Florida Mid May wedding.

Options I am considering:
Benjamin sartorial suit in Navy superfine herringbone.
BB Fitzgerald 1818 wool in charcoal/navy
J. Crew Ludlow Irish Linen suit in indigo.
Indochino Essential Navy suit.

Since the sartorial suit is wool fabric would I have any issues with heat even though it's a super wool 140? Would you guys consider irish linen/linen/cotton be casual for a wedding?(Wedding will be on a yacht starting around 6 to 7 pm). Also any preference for charcoal vs navy for a summer wedding?

Things I have bought for my attire:
AE fifth avenue in brown burnished calf
Coral tie
http://www.bows-n-ties.com/coral-red-designer-tie-with-blue-flowers-p-15415.html

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are the groom? What does your fiancee suggest? Navy or charcoal seem to dark for a May FL wedding on a yacht. I would consider lighter colors (off-white, light blue, dove gray, etc.) to be more appropriate for the occasion.

Last edited:

pongster

Reaction score
Yea I'm the groom, she doesn't care as long as it looks good. Our colors for the wedding is tiffany blue and coral. I was considering doing a light color, but I was hoping to use the suit also for interviews in the upcoming year. This will be my first suit, so I am trying to get the most out of it.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your uocoming Wedding!

Buy a wool tropical in a dark color if your budget does not permit a light linen/linen blend
suit for the wedding and a dark suit to be purtchased afterwards for the interviews.
I have been Forida in mid May and will pray that you and your bride will not suffer
heat-stroke when taking your vows.

Last edited:

pongster

Reaction score

Buy a wool tropical in a dark color if your budget does not permit a light linen/linen blend
suit for the wedding and a dark suit to be purtchased afterwards for the interviews.
I have been Forida in mid May and will pray that you and your bride will not suffer
Haha thanks for the congrats.

Any recommendations for a linen/linen blend suit? I have looked at Brooks brothers and J. Crew Ludlow. I am trying to stay under 600 dollars and buying another suit for the interviews wouldn't be an issue if it comes to that.

pongster

Reaction score

Do you think the benjamin sartorial suit navy blue herringbone superfine 150 wool would be fine? Our ceremony will be starting at 6:30pm and ending at 10:30pm. Sunset will be at 8:00pm. Also the whole four hours won't be spent outside, first 30 to 60 minutes for the ceremony on the third level outside and second level indoors will be dinner and dance floor I am gonna guess is an hour or two. Then last 2 hours would be spent outside because everyone is mostly out of state(Texas) smoking cigars and dancing on the third level. I would just hate to spend 500 dollars on a linen suit I will most likely only wear for the wedding.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with that suit. Several years ago I purchased an Isaia
from them which is definitely not light weight. I would give them a call
before you order. In my experience they offer excellent customer service.
Frankly discuss you requirements. I am sure that they will be candid.

Last edited:

pongster

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that suit. Several years ago I purchased an Isaia
from them which is definitely not light weight. I would give them a call
before you order. In my experience they offer excellent customer service.
Frankly discuss you requirements. I am sure that they will be candid.
Sounds good, I will probably contact ehaberdasher this week to ask them a couple questions about their suits

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics