• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for sub $400 shoes?

unprocessed

Reaction score
I'm looking to update my dress shoes and I've been overwhelmed by the options since it seems like there any many good ones.

I'm looking for sub $400 pairs that are more modern style (like a nice wholecut) as opposed to boxy and ultra-traditional. Also ideally looking to avoid long shipping times/VAT, etc.

I already ordered a pair of William II by Cobbler Union to start off, should get them next week. I really do like the more modern design of Cobbler Union. Was also looking at Ace Marks, but it seems like they're not great value quality wise compared to some other brands. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seoul Soul

Reaction score

Thank you so much!

I've been looking at tasteful, well-made brogue boots like the Crockett&Jones Skye or Islay for eternities, but could never justify spending $600 on them. The low-price alternatives from Meermin or Grenson didn't satisfy me.

Accidently stumbling upon this link led me to the Valesca Tirapè boots, which were all I could ask for 235 euro: Italian-designed, Italian-made, Vibram sole, full grain, broguing on point. Instantly ordered and now eagerly awaiting them.

So while I'm not sure whether your post helped OP, like originally intended, i just wanted you to let you know that you helped someone else greatly.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

I've been looking at tasteful, well-made brogue boots like the Crockett&Jones Skye or Islay for eternities, but could never justify spending $600 on them. The low-price alternatives from Meermin or Grenson didn't satisfy me.

Accidently stumbling upon this link led me to the Valesca Tirapè boots, which were all I could ask for 235 euro: Italian-designed, Italian-made, Vibram sole, full grain, broguing on point. Instantly ordered and now eagerly awaiting them.

So while I'm not sure whether your post helped OP, like originally intended, i just wanted you to let you know that you helped someone else greatly.

Glad it helped!
I would love to hear back after you get your boots. They seem to offer a great value, so your thoughts on construction and leather quality would be very helpful.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for shoes that retail for $400? Most guys here try to spend $400 for shoes that retail for $500 to $1000+

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads