• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for slim ties

Modernist

Reaction score
I only wear slim ties, preferably 3 inches wides. I have located a source for past seasons Jil Sander (mostly 7folds) and Prada, and at a great discount (usually by them for 10 to 30 euros). But I'd like to add some different weaves/ patterns to my collection. Any suggestions?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zara has some nice slim ties in their current collection for about $35 (E30 or so)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Band of Outsiders do really nice slim ties, a bit on the pricier side at full retail (about $120-150)

Penguin only make slim ties but they put the penguin logo at the blade which kills it for me...altho their knit ties look smashing and no logos

otherwise, I've found some fairly nice slim ties by labels I'd never heard of when at larger stores (Bloomingdales, etc)...I don't know if slim is still in for ties so the selection may not be as good as last year when it was more 'du jour'

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Band of Outsiders do really nice slim ties, a bit on the pricier side at full retail (about $120-150)

At that price, or even on a decent sale, I'd rather get bespoke ties from Sam Hober.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben Sherman ties are narrow with a lot of design and color selection, inexpensive too.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Band of Outsiders has pretty slim stuff
Thom Browne also does
dior homme
for a lower price range..andrews ties might have some but im not sure

Lysol

Reaction score
two suggestions:

- steven alan. around $60 at retail. 2.5" wide. they have the exact same look as band of outsiders but at half the price. in the fall they have some really awesome wool and cotton ones as well.

- ebay and thrift stores. as much as i love the aesthetic of thom browne and band of outsiders, paying $130 for a tie that honestly looks as if it's from a 1968 boarding school you can get the real deal from a $1 - $10 purchase at a good vintage store. you can argue the prices those labels haul with other garments -- fit, construction and materials -- but honestly, there's only so many ways you can assemble a 2.5" woven silk repp tie.

you should be so kind however as to share the wealth the next time you visit your hook up on sander or prada ties. i'm sure you could make a few bucks off the forum members for your troubles. i know i for one could use some 3" ties that don't look as if they're from a 1968 boarding school.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads