1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations for shoe care products?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SJX, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SJX

SJX Senior Member

Hi,

I mainly use Dasco creams and polishes from the UK, they're about the highest end shoe care products widely available here. Any brands in particular any can recommend? I might try ordering online or looking around over here.

Regards,

JiaXian

2. Phil

Phil Senior Member

I am fairly maniacal about the care of my shoes and have certain brands I always come back to, even if sometimes stray and try something new.

Polish - I love the look that jm weston beeswax polish gives my shoes. It doesnt look nearly as shiny as some other brands, but thats why I love it. It gives a really deep and lustrous kind of shine, one that I have never seen before. I assume its because of the beeswax.

Shoe cream - John Lobb- it comes in small glass jars, and spreads really evenly and soaks into the leather well. Comes in a variety of colors ofcourse. I use it maybe every 3 or 4 wearings of a pair of shoes.

Cleaner - Allen Edmonds - seems to be less harsh than some of the other brands I have seen. It works great, it conditions and cleans the shoes. I have never tried something as harsh as acetone. The AE stuff smells good too. I use it when needed, probably every couple of months.

Cloths - I use cloths that I get when I get new shoes, so I have a nice collection. I try to not use them after they have been used for a long time. I love a nice new cloth to polish my shoes with.

Brushes - I use John lobb brushes. I have a 3 brushes - 1 for light brown, 1 for darker brown, and 1 for black. I have 3 more brushes that I use that are supersoft, like velvet, that I use at the end, to bring out the shine. I get those from Lobb also.