• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations for shoe care products?

SJX

Reaction score
Hi,

I mainly use Dasco creams and polishes from the UK, they're about the highest end shoe care products widely available here. Any brands in particular any can recommend? I might try ordering online or looking around over here.

Regards,

JiaXian

Phil

Reaction score
I am fairly maniacal about the care of my shoes and have certain brands I always come back to, even if sometimes stray and try something new.

Polish - I love the look that jm weston beeswax polish gives my shoes. It doesnt look nearly as shiny as some other brands, but thats why I love it. It gives a really deep and lustrous kind of shine, one that I have never seen before. I assume its because of the beeswax.

Shoe cream - John Lobb- it comes in small glass jars, and spreads really evenly and soaks into the leather well. Comes in a variety of colors ofcourse. I use it maybe every 3 or 4 wearings of a pair of shoes.

Cleaner - Allen Edmonds - seems to be less harsh than some of the other brands I have seen. It works great, it conditions and cleans the shoes. I have never tried something as harsh as acetone. The AE stuff smells good too. I use it when needed, probably every couple of months.

Cloths - I use cloths that I get when I get new shoes, so I have a nice collection. I try to not use them after they have been used for a long time. I love a nice new cloth to polish my shoes with.

Brushes - I use John lobb brushes. I have a 3 brushes - 1 for light brown, 1 for darker brown, and 1 for black. I have 3 more brushes that I use that are supersoft, like velvet, that I use at the end, to bring out the shine. I get those from Lobb also.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.