• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for quality belts online

MRAnd

Reaction score
This may seem basic, but I understand that one's belt should "match" the shoes....both in terms of color as well as level of refinement. These are prior to polishing but you get the idea. Any great online belt makers out there? The mall does not offer any viable options.

Have purchased Upton but they don't seem as formal as I need for these shoes.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First - you don't necessarily need to match the shade exactly. Most of my belts are Equus (https://www.equusleather.co.uk/). But, I also have some perforated belts from Allen Edmunds - their Manistee - which work quite nicely with similar colored, perfed shoes:

Sfroide3

Reaction score
On a budget you have meermin, british belt company, Skolyx, etc.

bootyboy

Reaction score
On a budget you have meermin, british belt company, Skolyx, etc.
i second meermin, i got two belts for them for about $50 each and love them. They have a range of colors and the belts are thick and the buckle is sturdy.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Spending more is not a problem, any further recommendations?

Sure,

Allen Edmonds, Carmina, Crockett & Jones, Barker, RM Williams.

In the end, pretty much every good shoemaker does belts. Do not worry too much about color matching. The only thing to avoid is actually trying to match a belt too close to the shoes. It's going to look awkward. Better do a slightly different shade. With your shoes you can wear any dress belt. Things I would avoid for example is wearing the AE Manistee belt (or similar) with too formal shoes.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When you ask for brand recommendations so broadly from strangers you only get a few names limited by individual's knowledge and preferences. Since you are open to buying online, why don't you check out the belt offerings from luxury retailers like mrporter, matchesfashion, farfetch? I usually sort price from high to low to get an approx. brand standing by market desirability. After you find some brands you like you can usually find deals online throughout the year.

Last edited:

MRAnd

Reaction score
When you ask for brand recommendations so broadly from strangers you only get a few names limited by individual's knowledge and preferences. Since you are open to buying online, why don't you check out the belt offerings from luxury retailers like mrporter, matchesfashion, farfetch? I usually sort price from high to low to get an approx. brand standing by market desirability. After you find some brands you like you can usually find deals online throughout the year.
Excellent point robxznyc. Will take a look at those retailers.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Excellent point robxznyc. Will take a look at those retailers.

Just be aware that a lot of online luxury retailers sell leftovers from stores. Items coming from bankrupted stores/companies usually don't last long. Styling is usually questionable in 80% of the case ... There is still a good 20% very good deals ! Ebay is very good place to shop too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads