• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Puerto Rico?

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Any recommendations for accommodations in Puerto Rico? Which hotels are the best? Should I stay in San Juan, or elsewhere on the island for a seaside visit?

Danmd340

Reaction score
Old San Juan has the "El Convento," which is situated right in the middle of the colonial city, Condado has "La Concha" which is a very trendy/stylish beach-front hotel not far from Old San Juan, and Bahia Beach St. Regis is a golf and beach-oriented resort opened last October 40 minutes from the main airport. If you like surfing, there is Rincón at the west side of the island, I've visited The Hornet Dorset and it looks great. I've heard good things about the W Hotel in Vieques.

Places I'd personally avoid: El San Juan is not what it used to be in the past, and El Conquistador is overpriced and overrated although it does have an amazing location.

There is a little of everything, it all depends on your interests. Have fun!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We liked El Convento, but you need to take a cab to the beach. La Concha is like any other nice beach resort. On our next trip, we'll probably go to Vieques.

While you're there, definitely visit the rainforest. El Junque is amazingly beautiful.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Go to the corner store over by the airport
There you will meet a proprietor, his name is Dando
Dando will suck your pickle for five dollar, he do a good good job, like young girl
He make it count

Mr Sola

Reaction score
+1 for Rincon

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Putang ina mo, taba.

laugh.gif
first three words should be one word though.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually stay at the Hilton Caribe. pretty good location. I never get out of town, but I go down for business.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I stay at the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. Fantastic accommodations, excellent pool/beach/food, etc. We tend not to leave the compound frequently as we travel with a kid, and this is great for us.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danmd340
Old San Juan has the "El Convento," which is situated right in the middle of the colonial city, Condado has "La Concha" which is a very trendy/stylish beach-front hotel not far from Old San Juan, and Bahia Beach St. Regis is a golf and beach-oriented resort opened last October 40 minutes from the main airport. If you like surfing, there is Rincón at the west side of the island, I've visited The Hornet Dorset and it looks great. I've heard good things about the W Hotel in Vieques.

Places I'd personally avoid: El San Juan is not what it used to be in the past, and El Conquistador is overpriced and overrated although it does have an amazing location.

There is a little of everything, it all depends on your interests. Have fun!

I'm from P.R. and when I visit (almost yearly) I stay with family. So I haven't stayed at many resorts/hotels. But this recommendation above is pretty much spot on.

If you're looking at staying in more of a time-share/apartment style spot, there's some spots in Isabela that are real nice with fair prices. Not much to do around there other than the beach. So really it all depends on what you're looking for.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we morph this into a things to do in PR thread too? Previous search gave vox's take and very little else. Any other recs on food or things to do in San Juan? I'm there for 5 days and am planning to do zipline/rain forest, flamenco beach and a couple other beaches, bio bay, snorkeling in Vieques - anything else not quite as well known?

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Do a night kayak in one of the bioluminescent bays, either the one at Vieques or the Las Croabas Lagoon adjacent to Fajardo. The one at Vieques gets most of the coverage, but I think the lagoon is actually better as time passes because the structure of the bay is a bit more protective.

With that, hiking in the rain forest, and seeing the old city, you've got the highlights covered. Consider a zipline run through the canopy if you want to add something to the hike.

There are no good restaurants. If you want a semi-authentic experience, try La Parilla, which is one of the kioskos on the Balinareo, near the beach in Luquillo.

As for clothes: what?

- B

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Can we morph this into a things to do in PR thread too? Previous search gave vox's take and very little else. Any other recs on food or things to do in San Juan? I'm there for 5 days and am planning to do zipline/rain forest, flamenco beach and a couple other beaches, bio bay, snorkeling in Vieques - anything else not quite as well known?

-Grab some lunch/dinner at Casita Blanca: 351 Calle Tapia in San Juan-787-726-5501.
-Explore OSJ by just walking around the area.
-Bacardi factory
-Chica watching

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Biolumenescent bay kayak tour
There was this great tapas spot in osj you should be ablr to find
There is no shortage of stuff

Any ideas for a golf vacay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads