• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Jeans (i've got no ass!)

danieldy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm just asking around for some denim recommendations.

I've got no butt (high back pockets are good then?)

Earnest Sewns fit alright on me (I own the fulton one wash), but they look a bit tapered on me..

So I guess I'm looking for a slight bootcut jean.

Diesel's Zafs actually fit me pretty well, but I find Diesel's denin quality to be pretty nasty.

I'd also prefer something raw.

How do APCs fare? Nudies?

I'm willing to try whatever you throw at me..

Thank you so much!

metkirk

Reaction score
I have a pair of Nudie Slim Jim and they make my flat ass look great
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked that at Ron Herman and the lady working the denim area handed me a pair of Slim Jims, a pair of Iron Army, and a pair of Earnest Sewn Fultons.

inviscid

Reaction score
i say avoid skinny jeans. Skinny jeans push ********** to something comparable to an asian chick's chest.

thereverend

Reaction score
Seems like any anti-fit jean would work. From what I can tell, these equalize the properties-of-ass and return every man to a more natural tabula rasa ass

danieldy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, those threads were helpful, but can you guys suggest a pair of raw denims that are bootcut? I know that sounds kinda weird, but I find straight or tapered jeans to make my waist loook big and my body waist down ends up looking like an upside down triangle! hahaha

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you could find Jean Paul Da'mage Jeans on sale they have a perfect ass fit. Also tehy fit true to your waist size, have thick but soft Italian yarn and great washes.
For readily available jeans I would try on many, many pares of Levi's until you find your right fit. Levi's jeans are really well made and use great yarns even in their cheap lines.

Boutique jeans prices make as much sense to me as jewel encrusted cell phone.

P.S. Pick only low-rise jeans for your body type.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danieldy
Thanks guys, those threads were helpful, but can you guys suggest a pair of raw denims that are bootcut? I know that sounds kinda weird, but I find straight or tapered jeans to make my waist loook big and my body waist down ends up looking like an upside down triangle! hahaha

I agree here. I don't think people should be wearing straight or tapered jeans unless they're thin with solid midsection. So often I see these guys squeezed into their "trendy no one else has these" jeans and they've got a flabby stomach which destroys it.

No matter how great the jeans are, the final product resembles a tootie-pop. It looks ridiculous and it baffles me how some people can spend so much time on clothes, tattoos, piercings, and makeup, all to adorn an unkept, unattractive fatbody. It's putting lipstick on a pig.

metkirk

Reaction score
Regarding flat ass, can anyone recommend some exercise to make the ass bigger?

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Regarding flat ass, can anyone recommend some exercise to make the ass bigger?

Lunges and lots and lots of heavy squating. The problem is your quads will fill out with your ass. So you most of your jeans won't fit right anymore.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend APC New Standards or PBJ XX-005

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when people start thread proclaiming they have no ass are they looking for a pair of jeans that will make it look like they have an ass? kind of like a reverse wonderbra?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low rise is best for you, and true straightlegs and slight bootcuts are most flattering. I have a small ass and am slim, and find that, of all the jeans I've worn, the Nudie Straight Sven, Bootcut Ola, Slim Jim, the Studio-D'Artisan D1002, the John Bull SC007, Rag & Bone RB6, and more recently, the Spur Classic, all of which have super low (SC007) to medium low (Studio D'Artisan) rises work best on my body shape. I sometimes like an sntifit jean that deliberately looks a little off, but my wife definitely likes the jeans that make my butt look better, better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low rise is best for you, and true straightlegs and slight bootcuts are most flattering. I have a small ass and am slim, and find that, of all the jeans I've worn, the Nudie Straight Sven, Bootcut Ola, Slim Jim, the Studio-D'Artisan D1002, the John Bull SC007, Rag & Bone RB6, and more recently, the Spur Classic, all of which have super low (SC007) to medium low (Studio D'Artisan) rises work best on my body shape. I sometimes like an sntifit jean that deliberately looks a little off, but my wife definitely likes the jeans that make my butt look better, better. Oh, PBJ-005s will work well too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads