1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for Bespoke Tailors in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Bangkok

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by llcooljayce, Aug 4, 2012.

1. woody3691

woody3691 Member

@Tropicalist: Don't know name of cutter but WG near Oriental Hotel doesn''t offer full canvass. Maybe you need to insist but they don't even offer bone buttons. Don't know about the other WG. I know there's a WG on Charoenkrung Rd and don't know if any of them are associated. But if you can get a full canvass suit for $300 US, with real wool and not a poly blend, go for it.

2. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

A couple of weeks ago, Chan sent me a quote for a 2-piece suit in a couple of different fabrics. The Minnis Fresco II was a hair over $1,500, and the Holland & Sherry Crispaire was about $1,820. For most fabrics, I don't think Chan is at the $2,500 level.

3. woody3691

woody3691 Member

I visited World Group in All Season Place and asked about full canvass. Salesman was very nice and friendly and informed me the canvass extended to the lapel and rest of the suit was fused. He showed me a sample suit and it was okay but I would prefer RTW.

4. Tropicalist

Tropicalist Senior member

I am actually in Bangkok now and picking up 4 suits and 2 jackets from WG in all seasons place-all fully canvassed. However I am a customer of 10 years standing who gives them 200,000 Bhat worth of business a year for the last 10years and have done many many referrals. It is well possible they don't want headache and extra labour of full canvas for new walk in customers.

. Btw usd300 is not the price for a suit- just tailoring. You have to get your own fabric.

5. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Tom Ford has a store in HK. If not they had them in Lane crawford last time i was in town but that was like 2009

6. canada

canada New Member

I previously lived in Asia for an extended period of time and have experience with tailors in a few different countries. The best price/quality I found was at Tailor on Ten in Bangkok. Ordered a bunch of shirts and one suit and am very happy with the final product. Was very easy to communicate with staff as the two brothers than own the shop are native english speakers. Their suits go for around $350 and obviously can spend more or less depending on your choice of fabric.

7. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality. For more details check out at http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

8. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality. For more details check out at http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

9. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.

10. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.

11. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

12. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

hey if you are looking for custom clothing then choosing Ravens International will be the best choice. Here you can have your own custom made clothes for your any event , team ,group or event of ownself...Custom clothing will let you choose a garment’s fabric, color, style and details in your own way. A little more cost and the you will definitely won’t compromise with the comfort and quality.http://www.ravensintl.com/index.html

13. Claire Aniston

Claire Aniston Member

14. mispoke

mispoke Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a good quality bespoke tailor, at price point of $500-800? Full canvas, obviously.

In Hong Kong and Shanghai? (which is better?)

15. Kru Chris

Kru Chris Member

The minute you walk out of a store, seems you will have 90% depreciation. Look what's out there. For $ 500 you can have a shopping spree on Ebay!

Well, while there are good taylors in Bangkok like NARIN, I would caution about the usual "tourist traps" places with no sewing machines anywhere.
    They use a central sweatshop. And the fabrics... Well, it may say cashmere but it won't be cashmere...

The realization that one can get way better quality cuts and fabrics off Ebay was brutal.

Just discovered older but beautifully made HART suits. And bought a full bespoke for $ 150. Can't turn off the italics, so I better stop now.

16. Kru Chris

Kru Chris Member

Check out what's on Ebay. Seriously! HSM, full bespoke, ... Fine cloths and stuff.

Your depreciation will be an instant 95%, but there are good craftsmen like NARIN, who is expensive.

Avoid the tourist trade with their fake fabrics. "Cashmere" and then the whole jacket will be $ 180? Thought so.

Personally, I'd recommend an online shopping spree instead. Buy silk & cashmere sweaters, Zanella dress pants, maybe a full bespoke suit and a couple of HSM suits. They got some good work, as does Oxxford at moderate sale prices. I'm talking about u s e d stuff. But it beats the new stuff most tailors churn out in Bangkok (oops, now sewing machines in most shops - they have central sweat shops for their work).

You won't look more stylish, that much I can warn you.

Sorry, buying a suit in Bangkok is not for someone who wants real value, JMHO.