• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for being in love with good things and be rational in shopping

whoiswho

Reaction score
Hello guys.
Sorry, thats my first post on this forum, maybe down there not so much structure but I was trying to do my best.
As everybody of you know (or dont, and its just my opinion) 80% price of goods is hype, actuality, brand etc, and 20% is materials sweat and tears.
So, I have a two questions.
First, is somebody know, maybe exist some projects (shops/marketplaces) which contains only brands with low brand cost and really good products (mostly it's made in japan I guess?). I mean, where I can go for shop and be sure that there is I can find only good things with good quality for reasonable and rational price. **** fast fashion, **** 10x price for 2 letters on thing (its second question). Only good vision of how things should be doing, to serve as long as it can (HOW?)
Second, what so you think about rich fast fashion? I mean off white, yeezy etc which cost A LOT, but man, how can I know for what I pay for? I mean, that things just buy only hype-people? Or if I dont know the news is the cost of things - is that a robbery?
Yeah, thats looking great, and its something that maybe after some years will be a history, but..
Does my question make any sense?
Maybe can somebody explain me what I did not understand?
Good points of view and links are very appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to answer the questions as posed. What do you like the look of? What styles or designers are you drawn to? Do you care more about saving money or owning things you love?

whoiswho

Reaction score
I don't think there is any direct connection between these issues.
I like street style and don't like office style. When I was younger - hm, zara etc. Now I prefer some brands that in my mind is much better in quality, more unique, not so popular - for example barbour, gant, japan blue, oni, EG
of course it's hard to dismiss all fast fashion - like new balance which I love.
For sure I care about saving money, but owning things I love does't mean I'm ready to pay month salary for one pants.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As everybody of you know (or dont, and its just my opinion) 80% price of goods is hype, actuality, brand etc, and 20% is materials sweat and tears.

Actually, fashion is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will. Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain. And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

EstherKing

Reaction score
I share the opinion that it's extremely hard to find decent clothing for a decent price. I have been on the lookout for a good menswear shop and came across Carbon2Cobalt. I always read reviews on stuff and shops, and so before ordering from them I made my research on carbon 2 cobalt reviews . I found all the info I need there and decided to purchase from the shop. Have no regrets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads