• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations for a white necktie as well as other neckties?

ksicat0

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying some new ties from Sam Hober and was looking for some advice or choices on what to get next? Right now I have a burgundy and black grenadine and a navy navy macclesfield. I'm looking for maybe one or two more versatile ties to add to my rotation. Generally I wear a charcoal grey suit and light blue or white shirts. Might add a navy suit next.

Anyways, my main question is for a white necktie, not bow tie. I live and work in Japan and apparently for formal celebration events like graduations and welcoming events people wear black suits and white ties. I want to buy a white necktie for such occasions since I attend quite a few but I'm not sure what kind of style or fabric would be best. There doesn't seem to be a set standard everyone abides by though. Some people wear pure white and others have kind of a silver tie. Patterns seem to be okay, I don't think I've seen a non patterned white tie. The only thing I can say is that everyone wears some sort of shiny whiteish tie.

Now I could just swing by the nearest department store and buy any cheapo white tie but I figured if I was gonna buy one I'd like it to be awesome. Any advice?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.