• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations for a light stylish jacket?

charles111

Reaction score
Haven't bought a jacket in many years, so I'm considering purchasing one. Don't really have a budget in mind. Just want something that looks nice and good quality. Have recommendations?

rjc149

Reaction score
I like Harrington jackets, mine is the "Weatherbreaker" from Orvis which runs $170. You can get much nicer (and pricier) ones, like the Baracuta G9.

Harringtons are a good spring or early autumn jacket, but offer no real utility outside of those seasons as they are a bit too light. Ideal Harrington weather is 55 - 70 F.

You can also go with a sport coat for something more elevated, or a chore or barn coat for something a little more rugged and casual.

charles111

Reaction score
Thanks! I've never heard of these types of jackets, though I don't really know my jackets. I've typically just stuck with traditional brands like north face, colombia. Are these ones you mentioend higher end than brands like northface?

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drsorter