• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendations for a good ipod / data recovery software?

pdsf

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I accidentally synched my ipod with another computer so all my songs are gone and I won't have access to my own computer for another month or so. I have done some research on the interwebz and it seems that there are only a couple of ipod recovery programs for Mac (REMO Recovery and Stellar Phoenix) - am I correct? Do you know of other good ipod / data recovery programs? I really need my music!

Many thanks in advance.

pdsf

Reaction score
Thanks! I had heard about MacRumors but I didn't know about iLounge. Let me immediately go make a new thread and ask people about it. Just kidding - I will go search.
EDIT/UPDATE: Phew - in the end, Stellar Phoenix was able to recover most of the my files. It was the cheapest option ($39.99). PodSalvage and Virtual Lab, both for Mac, also received good reviews but are more expensive. If the same thing happened to you, this thread from iLounge is helpful: http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-monoc...your-ipod.html

pdsf

Reaction score
I am on the road so I don't have access to my home computer where all my songs are (and backed up!). I will be away from home for a month so I was horrified when I thought I had lost everything - can you imagine a long plane ride w/o music?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.