Recommendation for nice wooden hangers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by romafan, Jun 14, 2005.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

I'm looking to acquire a dozen or so wooden hangers for my jackets - I'm tired of the mish-mosh in the closet and am looking for some uniformity. Is anyone familiar w/ Aris hangers from Italy? That's what I'm shooting for....

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I have about 6 hangers from Hold Everything. They are a bit pricey -- about $15 per hanger -- but are worth it IMO. I have the rod and bar model. Not quite a good as Oxxford, but better than Kiton hangers IMO. They take up a little bit less room than Oxxford hangers too, which is good.

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

4. johnnynorman3

Here are the Hold Everything hangers. I like them just a bit better than the Container Store ones because it is a bit thicker in the neck area of the hanger (I buy the model with the jeans hanging from it -- see how thick it is?). Granted, it does take up a bit more space. But they are really great quality.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I'll throw in my usual recommendation for Walgreen's hangers. They're really quite nice, and the price is right. I like Ikea's wooden hangers for shirts. Really, there's only so much I'm willing to invest in a hanger, although I recognize the need for a quality hanger for suits and sportcoats. And, like most, I like the look of the wooden hangers.

6. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

Hurrah,yes,AlanC--Walgreen's hangers can't be beat for 3 for 10 bucks. [​IMG]

7. rootless

rootless Active Member

(AlanC @ June 14 2005,19:57) I'll throw in my usual recommendation for Walgreen's hangers. They're really quite nice, and the price is right. I like Ikea's wooden hangers for shirts. Really, there's only so much I'm willing to invest in a hanger, although I recognize the need for a quality hanger for suits and sportcoats. And, like most, I like the look of the wooden hangers.
    Hurrah,yes,AlanC--Walgreen's hangers can't be beat for 3 for 10 bucks. [​IMG]
    I'll only spring for good hangers for jackets and coats. I doubt my trousers know the difference between an expensive clip hanger and a cheap one. I'd rather spend the savings on clothing. Walgreens is a good deal, thanks- ordered some [​IMG]. I needed them, still getting sorted in my new place, I have a few boxes of folded clothes that should be steamed and hung.

8. brussell

brussell New Member

For shirts I just have them on the wires that they came from the cleaners on.

Interestingly, was looking for hangers for suits just yesterday as I am getting concerned about my jackets. The walgreen ones look great but I'm a 46 and having trouble finding good contoured hangers wide enough. Anybody have any luck finding larger ones?

Brad

9. johnnynorman3

See my post in this thread above. The Hold Everything thick hangers are fantastic, and they should fit your 46R shoulders almost perfectly.

10. brussell

brussell New Member

Actually, I'm a 46L but I think those should still work [​IMG] . Thanks.

11. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I've used Hangers Direct and have been quite please with them. Much less expensive than the others, though there are minimums.

12. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I bought a bunch of those for my husband last year, and he's been very happy with them. They are rather compact, indeed.

13. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

wire hangers? [​IMG] cleaners? [​IMG]

14. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

Target has nice hangers in a dark wood. 4/$5 without pants bars, 3/$5 with. I really don't see the point in paying much more than this.

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Target has nice hangers in a dark wood. 4/$5 without pants bars, 3/$5 with. I really don't see the point in paying much more than this.
    Are the shoulders wide like the Walgreen hangers? I'll have to stop by and take a look next time I'm in Target.