• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendation for gloves?

lsquare

Reaction score
What kind of gloves do you guys recommend for the winter time? I'm leaning toward getting a pair of leather gloves. However, I'm just wondering if there are other alternatives to leather? One thing that I don't like about leather gloves is that it doesn't allow me to use my phone's keypad properly. Another thing is that I can't just throw it into the washing machine (or could I?).

If you guys go with leather, what brand or which one do you recommend specifically?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif
boxing[1].gif

2640wz6.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have three types of gloves: chamois, black, and colored. I primarily like chamois gloves in their natural shade but black ones seem better for very cold climates and the colored ones are to accentuate an outfit. I even have a pair of lime green gloves by Moncler which I wear with dark colors.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
musicboohoo[1].gif
boxing[1].gif

2640wz6.gif

Why do you often post such non-sense in my threads? Not only is it annoying, but it seems like you're out trying to start a fight. Stop acting like a jerk and act like a grown man
rolleyes.gif

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have three types of gloves: chamois, black, and colored. I primarily like chamois gloves in their natural shade but black ones seem better for very cold climates and the colored ones are to accentuate an outfit. I even have a pair of lime green gloves by Moncler which I wear with dark colors.

Do you have any pictures?

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but it may be because it seems that you don't do searches to find out the answers to your questions. This question is asked every couple of weeks come fall time and there are innumerable threads which would answer your question for you. The same goes with many other threads which you have started since joining. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but ensure you take the time to do some research and see if there isn't an answer for you already on this board. This will likely mitigate many of the snide comments and off-topic responses.

Cheers

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Do you have any pictures?
Chamois gloves are the color of the chamois you find in auto stores and they can be extremely elegant when worn with grey or brown tones.

I don't have a picture of the lime green gloves though.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
Don't take this the wrong way, but it may be because it seems that you don't do searches to find out the answers to your questions. This question is asked every couple of weeks come fall time and there are innumerable threads which would answer your question for you. The same goes with many other threads which you have started since joining. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but ensure you take the time to do some research and see if there isn't an answer for you already on this board. This will likely mitigate many of the snide comments and off-topic responses.

Cheers

Perhaps it is my fault for not spending much time using the search feature. Regardless, I don't deserve this kind of response from him.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
Perhaps it is my fault for not spending much time using the search feature. Regardless, I don't deserve this kind of response from him.
Do you expect any less from some of these guys? It is too easy to get their panties in a bunch. If what he says is true, then I say it is fun to bring back these threads every few weeks. Adding on and changing gears in old threads is annoying when there are 300 pages in the thread. Right now I am going to get these gloves: http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...id=1974&cid=47 Can't see the top but for the price I'm willing to gamble. I want some driving gloves but my dented up car will just make them look dumb. I dont know if these have holes in the knuckles or not. Should I get black or brown? Leaning towards the black even though by themselves I like brown better. Dont know where you'll find a material that will allow you to dial your phone. I can barely dial mine without gloves. Maybe a sporty leather glove will be better?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Chamois gloves are the color of the chamois you find in auto stores and they can be extremely elegant when worn with grey or brown tones.

I don't have a picture of the lime green gloves though.

lime green sounds incredible, where do you buy them from?
I'd also like a burnt orange.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
lime green sounds incredible, where do you buy them from?
I'd also like a burnt orange.

How did I know you wouldn't like brown gloves?
devil.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
How did I know you wouldn't like brown gloves?
devil.gif

Can't see the top but for the price I'm willing to gamble. I want some driving gloves but my dented up car will just make them look dumb. I dont know if these have holes in the knuckles or not. Should I get black or brown? Leaning towards the black even though by themselves I like brown better.
How'd I know you can't read?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lime green sounds incredible, where do you buy them from? I'd also like a burnt orange.
They were by the French company Moncler which seems to specialize in high-end ski wear although they also produce more general products. I suspect for a burnt orange, Chester Jeffries could have the dyed skins.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads