1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendation for alterations tailor in Paris?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alanhr, Jan 17, 2013.

1. alanhr

alanhr Member

Hi all,

I am looking for a good alterations tailor in Paris. I have a brand-new Benjamin suit that needs the usual: hems, (working) cuffs, etc. The city is lousy with tailors, but seems a bit short on reviews of them (though admittedly my French google-fu is weak).

The best tailoring experience I ever had was with a guy in Atlanta who makes bespoke suits, but doesn't have enough business making them to sustain himself so does alterations for his bread and butter. He took a Tasso Elba suit (yeah, I know, but I didn't know any better at the time) and really turned it into something else. I would love to find somebody like that in Paris, but as far as I can tell all of the bespoke and MTM tailors in Paris do nothing but bespoke or MTM.

Any suggestions?