1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommendation for a leather chukka?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by inq89, Jun 11, 2012.

1. inq89

inq89 Senior Member

Already have a pair of seude Clarks DBs that I love, but want to buy a pair for going out when its raining. Looking for a leather pair to wear as sh*t kickers with a good non-slippery sole (no crepe soles). Looked at the Allen Edmonds Malvern which I like, but am open to suggestions. Budget is under $200.

edit: I don't like the white traction soles either, and would prefer something "sleek" as opposed to a worker's boot, so not the bulky Red Wing Beckman (?)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

2. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior Member

Ton's of options.

There is a small question thread. Not sure why you started a thread for a question?

3. inq89

inq89 Senior Member

^Ah truth, s'pose I'll ask in that thread as well. But while on the topic, what are your top suggestions?

4. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior Member

Check out the Yuketen chukka. Several on-line retailers and I am sure you can find on sale somewhere. Depending on the materials, they can likely be had for around $200 if you can find on sale. If not, they will be closer to $275-$300 but well worth it. They can be resoled if you get the camp/boat sole and they use some of the best leather available. I would recommend a pair in chromexcel, that leather is so incredible.