• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommend: smartphone

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
Any mobile philes on here? I'm one of the few people left that hasn't gotten a fancy phone with the data plan. My plan expires this week, and I've decided it's time to join the rest of the crowd.

My biggest hangup is that the smartphones are huge. I don't even care about features; I just don't want to carry a brick in my pocket. My only requirement for this smartphone is that it's the slimmest, sleekest, smallest possible.

Also does anyone know how switching plans works? I want to keep my own number, and I'm with T-Mobile.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BB Pearl is pretty small, but the keyboard is fricken weird.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak

8100 is, look up the 8105.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4, it's very slim. You'll probably have to switch to either AT&T or Verizon (it'll be available soon with them) to get a subsidized phone. No matter who you switch to you can keep your number.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hard to be slimmer than an iPhone honestly!
depends whether he means slim as in thick or slim as in wide. The iPhone is not thick but quite wide.
Originally Posted by Kajak
FWIW I think my BB Pearl is one of the best phones I've ever owned, and once I got used to the kindaqwerty keypad, came to really like it. Basically the same size as any 'normal' phone.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt

FWIW I think my BB Pearl is one of the best phones I've ever owned, and once I got used to the kindaqwerty keypad, came to really like it. Basically the same size as any 'normal' phone.

as i was trying to say, the 8100 has the suretype "qwerty ish" keyboard, the 8105 has ole t9 type keyboard which many people prefer...

Reaction score
i like the qwertyish one a lot more than t9, but anyhow, it fits the OP's bill...

wootx

Reaction score
Have a look at Palm's pre and pixi.

Their newer version of WebOS should come out soon (if it's not already) and has some big improvements.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iPhone 4, the first phone I can put in one of my inner suit pockets and not have it bulge out like a tumour. I'm happy with mine.

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm hesitant to get an iPhone because I have a natural contempt and disdain for Apple products. Still, I just recently caved to buying an iPod, so there's a chance I might get an iPhone. I'm leaning towards the Android products. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Keep'em coming!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need you all to go out and buy some iPhones. Ok? Cool! Yay! We're all getting some new iPhones! Hooraaayy!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.