Recommend short-sleeve button-down shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Goblin, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I would like to add some short-sleeve button-downs to my wardrobe as an alternative or addition to my usual t-shirts, thermals, and hoodies.

My priorities are slim fit, decent colors/patterns, and cost, in no particular order. I like a lot of the Ben Sherman shirts I've seen, but they're a bit expensive, and the ones I see on eBay are most often in the UK. If I can't find anything else I like, I will probably just get Ben Shermans from eBay, and keep my eyes open in the thrift stores.

Thanks as always!

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Yeah, if you're trying to be cost-effective I'd say Penguin and Ben Sherman would be your best bets.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

H&M would fit the bill - cheap ($20-30 at full retail), slim fit, and wide range of cool patterns and colors.

4. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I just looked at some of the stuff on the hm.com site, and it seems to fit the bill, so thanks! One question - is there a good online outlet for H&M? I checked a bit and didn't see one, and while I live in a state capital, it's the sticks, style-wise.

5. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I picked up a couple from H&M in their "slim fit"

Worked out quite well. snap buttons, epaulets (sp?), etc...

Good fit, mediocre quality, and mediocre fabric... Exactly what you expect from H&M.... Definitely worth it though for 15 euros. Disposable clothing

For shirts like this, I deffo question the sanity of paying more than H&M / Zara / Vintage. Any increase in quality or fabric is wasted as I am going to toss it due to aesthetic reasons after wearing a few months anyways

K