1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend running shoes

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TheD0n, Sep 29, 2010.

1. shawmutt

shawmutt Member

No one cares if you're stylish while panting and sweating on the road. Worry about fit and function first, don't worry about the looks of the shoe.

As far as the barefoot running movement, the jury's out--it's something everyone has to try to see if it works for them. Don't let people with The Answer try to convince you one way or another. For me, I have flat wide feet and wear Asics EEE. At 195 lbs, if I tried to run barefoot I'd grind my knees and ankles to nothing.

If you want to read more than you have to about the barefoot running movement, check out this blog: http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4185

2. Toro

Toro Member

Nike Lunarglide. I used to run with New Balance but I like the Lunarglide better because it feels to have better shock resistant and less clunky.

3. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

I always wanted to have Nike Free shoes, because I like the barefoot running feeling, but at the moment, I can't be bothered to pay 100+€ on running shoes. Has somebody tried to run with Feiyue shoes? They are made for Kung Fu and similar stuff, have a thin, elastic sole and are quite cheap. Do they last long? Are there big differences between the Chinese and the other ones, when it comes to running?

thanks!

edit: How is the sizing with these shoes?

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I have Nike Frees and I like them a lot. I went to a running store and ended up with Nike Vomeros which I like only a little.

5. belvedere312

belvedere312 Member

Best Idea to get an older version in sale. The changes between the new and the older version of running shoes are minimal. I got myself a pair of Mizuno Propehcy 3 this past week-end for only $100 (orig price $209.99). They are great running shoes, high quality.
    [​IMG]

6. Armand

Armand Active Member

I've had great luck with the Nike Free 5.0.

For years I've be doing 0mm drop Merrells and 4mm drop New Balance. Tried the Nike Free 5.0 on a whim and they worked out great.

However about 7 months ago I picked up a pair of Flyknits based upon all the praise in the press. They are overrated. I still prefer the Nike Free.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014