1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me some website for nice suits,blazer, and sportcoats?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr Engineer, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I have been starting to purchase more of my clothes online.I need some website recommendation for some real nice suits,blazers and sportcoats

Thanks,

2. tillyato

tillyato Member

I need more details to answer that question. What's your price range? Do you want RTW or MTM clothes? Are you an abnormal size? There are lots of great places to get clothes, but your personal needs will dictate what the best option is for you.

3. Mr Engineer

RTW..I am a normal size

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I think you are going about this completely wrong. There are no shortage of clothes available online. You need to figure out what fits you, what looks good on you, and who makes what you are looking for. Then buy that.

5. Mr Engineer

I just want to see what other websites are out there to purchase suits,blazer,and sportscoats thats all.If I get a website then from there I can figure out what fits me.

6. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

The point is, there are literally thousands of such sites--just knowing a place to buy a blazer or whatever is not very helpful. Figure out what you want and you will know from where to buy it.

7. tillyato

tillyato Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

No such thing as "a normal size."

You can not figure out "what fits you" buy looking at web sites.

Forget about websites for now. Go to several men's shops in your area and try on as many styles as you can. I highly recommend your first purchases in local shops, not on line. Find a good local tailor to make adjustments and you will look great.

Start here:

http://www.atailoredsuit.com/mens-style-guide-tailored-suit.html

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  9. Mr Engineer

I live in Rhode Island,USA.There are very few men shops to choose from in my area

10. Mr Engineer

Specifically I am looking for the double breasted blazer.

11. GBR

GBR Senior member

What is "normal" in terms of fit? Alteration tailors would not exist if we were all normal.

Why not try a bricks and mortar shop and buy some to assess all these things and when you have that experience try the net - if you think that would be better.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  12. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

It was very easy to discover Jos. A. Bank and Brooks Brothers in Providence. There surely are other solid options within driving distance, depending on where in Rhode Island. Double-breasted jackets require extra attention to fit, yet another reason to try on first in person.

1 person likes this.