1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me some jeans to try

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by A Harris, Jun 25, 2007.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm still searching for the perfect straight leg jean, for me. Basically what I need is something with a roomy but not antifit top block, and straight or slightly tapered leg, not too slim or loose. Here is what I've tried so far:

Earnest Sewn Fulton - perfect fit, but not fond of the denim quality.

Sugar Cane Hawaii - tolerable but too high a rise and too loose in the thighs, they've got that thigh bulge thing going on.

5EP straight rigid - Not bad, but a little to much thigh bulge and a little slim in the lower leg.

5EP lown down boot in one wash resin - top block good, but the legs were too slim.

RRL second generation raw bootcut - (Japanese made with the light leather patch) these would be about perfect if they were a straight leg and maybe slightly looser in the leg.

APC Rescue - sized down two, the top block is good but the leg is a little loose.

Two things that often throw off the fit for me - too low back rise, and too tight in the crotch. I am not a fan of male camel toe.

Japanese denim recommendations are especially what I am looking for. I like slubby denim. I especially like dark denim with a black or brown cast.

I'd have tried the KMW 1950 already, but haven't found anyone who stocks a size 38. That's the hard part, my size really cuts down on selection.

2. casual lad

casual lad Active Member

try nudie straight sven!!!!

3. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

LD Frontier Pant is defnitely worth checking out. I'm a big fan. Long rise, full straight leg (not baggy), with wide hem. Not too flashy with nice details too. 14oz but not slubby denim though. Current Context price is a steal.

Check the measurements on Context. If the legs are too full you may like the Prescott (also at a great price). I think they fit a little closer to the ES Fulton (slimmer).

4. velobran

velobran Senior member

I am not a fan of male camel toe.

We prefer moose knuckle...

Not to see it or have it ... but just the name of it. [​IMG]

5. A Harris

ALD Frontier Pant is defnitely worth checking out. I'm a big fan. Long rise, full straight leg (not baggy), with wide hem. Not too flashy with nice details too. 14oz but not slubby denim though. Current Context price is a steal.

Check the measurements on Context. If the legs are too full you may like the Prescott (also at a great price). I think they fit a little closer to the ES Fulton (slimmer).

Context links for the ALD jeans are broken...

Thanks for the recommendation on the Nudies, but I am not crazy about the bright orange stitching they use.

6. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

Samurai 5000 VX.

7. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Context links for the ALD jeans are broken...

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...ier_ladurance/

Works for me. Prescott is now sold out though. . .

There are several other places to get ALD online (not on sale though).

8. Eric Stoner

Eric Stoner Well-Known Member

Have you tried Pure Blue ?

Beautiful denim, amongst the slubbiest out there. The XX-003 is a regular fit, might suit your needs.

Check www.blueingreensoho.com

9. A Harris

http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...ier_ladurance/

Works for me. Prescott is now sold out though. . .

There are several other places to get ALD online (not on sale though).

Hmm, apparently the site does not like my computer. I can get that page, but when I click on the Frontier or Prescott I get nothing.

10. A Harris

Have you tried Pure Blue ?

Beautiful denim, amongst the slubbiest out there. The XX-003 is a regular fit, might suit your needs.

Check www.blueingreensoho.com

I've been tempted, but there is nowhere in San Francisco to try them on that I know of, and I've read they tend to run tight in the crotch area.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Eternal 811s in size 40 should fit the bill.

12. larryr

larryr Senior member

Do they make the KMW 1980's in 38s?

I have a pair of the RRLs, the only real difference between the 2 are the 1980s are less tapered

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

15. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Both of these are at selfedge in san fran

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=210

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=203

The skull and flathead jeans are between slim and relaxed with a nice low(but not to low) rise and nice japanese denim. JPGM has the skulls in question and they work really well.

I don't believe they make them in 38... I haven't even found them in 36. SExIH, however, is made in 38, although you might need it in 40.

16. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Senior member

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I thought i saw the jeans i mentioned on japanese sites in 38, but i guess he wants to be able to try them on.

18. Coulomb

Coulomb Senior member

harris,

i would try the 505z edwins. they are a relaxed, straight leg jean without the protuding thing...

where i can't help is i don't know of any stores in the US that carries a respectable range of edwins.

19. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

20. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

you've tried rescue but not standards? Standards have a slimmer leg, and are well, pretty much the standard middle of the road slim jean mid priced starting point right now...