1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me some headphones

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Lel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

[​IMG]
    Sorry Mike, those suck. Thin and Bright. For IEMs try the SkullCandy Titans for $40. I bought a pair for a business trip this week and they are not too bad.

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Sorry Mike, those suck. Thin and Bright.

For IEMs try the SkullCandy Titans for $40. I bought a pair for a business trip this week and they are not too bad.

Awful in every sense of the word.

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Sorry Mike, those suck. Thin and Bright.

For IEMs try the SkullCandy Titans for $40. I bought a pair for a business trip this week and they are not too bad.

I was trolling. [​IMG]

4. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

My favorite cheap IEMs are the iMetal 590s. Comfy and great balanced sound.

As the Titans have broken in, there is a bit more bass than I like.

5. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Recs for a closed back headphone $250 and under?
    There is a $150 Audio Technica but I forget the numbers. I like the Beyerdynamic cans in this price range too. Also check out Denon.
    Audio Technica ath-m50. Most headphone people hold them in high regard, though they used to be an even better value when they were 30% less expensive a year ago. M50s use different drivers than ESW-9s. Here is a comparison of these two Audio Technica and a few other closed cans.

6. suited

suited Senior member

I am considering these: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/1c7efaa15727a938/index.html

I have read that they are among the best options under $200. I will use them with an iPhone/iPod, for now. Does anyone have experience with them?

Noise cancellation is my primary concern, and I have read that, while overpriced, the Bose QC 15s are as good as it gets for on/over the ear noise cancellation. Thoughts on that as well?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

just had a chat with a guy randomly about IEM's since I noticed he had a pair and his rec was the Westone UM's, the 4 or 5 or something, though 3's are probably good.

for about $100-150 and listening to a range of genres, though mostly rock (no r&b/rap or pop or techno, etc)... what do you guys recomend?

8. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti
    Bowers & Wilkins P5.

Reviewed here.

Plenty of youtube reviews to watch, too.
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

9. babylon

babylon Active Member

whatever you do, for the love of God please do not get those beats br dr. dre..disgusting hype