• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me some great dress shirt under $100?

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around here it seems to be that Charles Tyrwhitt and Brooks Brothers have great dress shirts. I am debating on purchasing a Suit Supply shirt but I am reading mixed reviews on them.

What other brand dress shirts would you guys recommend?

Garasaki

Reaction score
How much do you want to spend, per shirt?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hilditch & Key will be on sale at the end of June and will drop to £55 or so. I haven't found another shirt maker that pattern matches sleeves for under $100. IMO, they are a pretty big step up in quality over BB and CT.

Garasaki

Reaction score
Under $100 dollars

Yeah sorry I totally missed that in the title
shog[1].gif

So you are probably past the CT, TM Levin, etc price range if you are willing to go that high.

Consider made to measurements by an online tailor, I think mytailor.com, and maybe moderntailor.com are some examples of those?

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Suitsupply is around 100 for their basic slim fits. They are pretty decent. But tm lewins stuff is almost as good at a much better price - although their selection with barrel cuffs is limited... Boggi is in the same range I think, and they are very nice. A bit better than the two brands I mentioned Imo

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of my OTR shirts are from BB, CT and some Paul Stuart because they are the only brands that offers sleeve length that actually fit my short arms. For the past year, I have been rebuilding my collection and using MyTailor, not online but when they visit my area.
I am extremely satisfied with the results. I started with cheaper fabrics on a couple shirts and once they have my measurements nailed down, that's when I switched to better fabrics (TMason, Alumo etc) . I know it is a little more that stated budget for OP, but I find it more reasonable and satisfying in the long run. I also plan on using affiliate Luxire soon..

Last edited:

cruxisfalcon

Reaction score
check out ratioclothing.com. It's online made-to-measure but they only take a couple of inputs (meaning that there's less room to mess up). Start around $90, but I believe they have $20 off for new customers. I own two of their shirts and couldn't be happier. I would recommend subtracting 1" from the waist measurement though if you want a slightly slimmer fit (they can accomodate most requests to their shirts).

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply is around 100 for their basic slim fits. They are pretty decent. But tm lewins stuff is almost as good at a much better price - although their selection with barrel cuffs is limited... Boggi is in the same range I think, and they are very nice. A bit better than the two brands I mentioned Imo
I tried these shirts on but they was too tight in the arms

GuP

Reaction score
If you are willing to go a little over or maybe even around your budget, I would highly recommend MTM shops. If you are near NYC, you can actually venture in and get measured. I have trouble finding shirts that fit and have decided going the MTM route myself. From researching and reading on here, you will see that most people are happy with their MTM purchases. Try the proper cloth or mytailor or other.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indochino's shirt's are pretty solid. I bought them during a promotion, but I think that the regular prices range from $80-$120. I've never found a rtw dress shirt that fit well. They're all boxy, baggy and/or short in the arms.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads