1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend Me Some Brogues!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Aviv, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

So I'm looking for a pair of high quality brogues, and don't know much about the options. Would love something US made, but it doesn't have to be. Would also like it to be less than $500. Surely this is the place to come to learn...

2. Ankor

Ankor Well-Known Member

What color do you need?
    Carmina has restocked these few days ago, I like them although toe box is rather high. They are less orange than pictured.

3. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Hey thanks these look awesome! Regarding color, this is the kind of thing I'd like. A nice cognac like these.

4. Ankor

Ankor Well-Known Member

This is real color.
    And some photos of this model at other angles (slightly different details): one, two.

I was looking for a nice cognac brogues as well and these are the only I like for under $500. I'll get them if not meeting some other with lower toe box I think...

PS: If you want something US made, you can also look at AE Walnut Strands — they are under $300. Carmina shoes are much more beautiful IMO but you cannot try them before purchase...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  5. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Well-Known Member

If you can get them during the good April sale(I think it might end tomorrow 25% off and can usually get an extra 15% off on top with a kicker code, see this thread) Then you can get the RL Marlow wingtips in shell cordovan for ~$500

The Carmina's above are also an awesome shoe though, depends if you're looking for something sleeker or heavier.