• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a printer

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by long warmup time he means 20 seconds. ooooh, so it doesn't come on instantly...

and all the associated costs are mitigated with generics and WAY cheaper over the long run than using inkjets.

This. My HP laserjet is ready to print by the time it connects to the wireless network at home. Using an inkjet printer today is like going back to the old colored pen plotters, you could but why? And are much more expensive cost per page than a laser.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to get a laser. I've had a Dell laser printer for the last 8 years and love it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
anyone seen a good cheap inkjet 3 in one deal out there? yes i know laser, laser, laser, but I almost never print so I only buy a cartridge a year, if that

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

anyone seen a good cheap inkjet 3 in one deal out there? yes i know laser, laser, laser, but I almost never print so I only buy a cartridge a year, if that

nope. not any real good deals lately. your best bet is to find a printer trade-in deal locally.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
my printer is broken though, don't think anyone would accept a trade in

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my printer is broken though, don't think anyone would accept a trade in

I dont think they resell the trade-ins...I think they strip for parts so you are probably still ok.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Thinking about picking up the Brother HL-5470DW while it's $50 off at Staples this week: http://www.staples.com/Brother-HL-5470dw-Laser-Printer/product_358136

Anyone have this model?

I've also heard good things about the OKI B431dn and Samsung monochrome lasers, though they seem to be a bit more expensive and I'm not sure that it'd be worthwhile for a home office printer.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gonna buy this. a little more than I wanted to spend, but seems great. also wish it had wifi, but not a deal breaker.. and the price is unbeatable for what you get.

thanks!

Glad to help. The free shipping and likely no tax for you in VA is a nice bonus. NY'ers have topay tax on this... If I didn't already have a laser printer I'd totally get this as well.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

emptym

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. What do you all recommend in 2020?

We'd prefer a laser printer. The wirecutter recommends the HP M255dw, but the HP M454dw is on sale now for about the same price.

Both are a little pricey for our needs, but I'd like this to last for at least 10 years or so. I also would consider the lower priced Brother they recommend, or something similar, if people think they'd be durable.

Thanks!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Strange timing. I’m also looking for a printer for the cabin if we’re going to be here for the summer and fall. My needs are minimal and I want a small footprint so was thinking about the Brother they recommended.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads