Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

recommend me a polo that doesn't fade so easily and under $40

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drnicorobin, Sep 5, 2013.

1. drnicorobin

drnicorobin Member

Allo styleforum,

I need to update my polo collection. I have a lacoste navy but that one faded rather quickly in just a year.
    I also have a charcoal AF one that's been lasting pretty well.

I don't want to break the bank on this one (need to save for a nice tailored suit and leather soled shoes)
    so I prefer under $40. want something that doesn't fade so easily after a few washes (i also live in a sunny climate)

will wear it with shorts or dark blue denim jeans.

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

my favorite polos are made from traumatic memories. no matter how hard i try, I can't get those to fade.

3. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

4. cthip

cthip Senior member

win.

now serious: buy any polo under $40. don't put it in the dryer ever. problem solved.

5. johng70

johng70 Senior member

The problem is you keep trying to buy $35 polos - that's why they fade. Look, I have RLs, Nautica (gasp) that are 10 years old and colors still look great. What you have to do when building up the wardrobe on a budget is look for sales. I just bought 3 RL shirts for $105 total off their website from the summer sale - $35 a piece. And guess what? there will be sales after fall and winter too. Yes, you'll have to pay full price for some styles, but buying off the sales is a great way to start building.

6. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Cotton polos are going to fade. You can delay this process by hang drying, but they're still going to fade a little bit. You need to find something with a little blend to it. Synthetic fabrics don't fade like cotton fabrics do.

7. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Scope eBay for Fred Perry. I got a couple for under 40 bucks more than once. If you're willing to go up to 50 they're available pretty much whenever.