recommend me a polo that doesn't fade so easily and under $40

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drnicorobin, Sep 5, 2013.

1. drnicorobin

drnicorobin Member

Allo styleforum,

I need to update my polo collection. I have a lacoste navy but that one faded rather quickly in just a year.
    I also have a charcoal AF one that's been lasting pretty well.

I don't want to break the bank on this one (need to save for a nice tailored suit and leather soled shoes)
    so I prefer under $40. want something that doesn't fade so easily after a few washes (i also live in a sunny climate)

will wear it with shorts or dark blue denim jeans.

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

my favorite polos are made from traumatic memories. no matter how hard i try, I can't get those to fade.

3. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

4. cthip

cthip Senior member

win.

now serious: buy any polo under $40. don't put it in the dryer ever. problem solved.

5. johng70

johng70 Senior member

The problem is you keep trying to buy $35 polos - that's why they fade. Look, I have RLs, Nautica (gasp) that are 10 years old and colors still look great. What you have to do when building up the wardrobe on a budget is look for sales. I just bought 3 RL shirts for $105 total off their website from the summer sale - $35 a piece. And guess what? there will be sales after fall and winter too. Yes, you'll have to pay full price for some styles, but buying off the sales is a great way to start building.

6. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Cotton polos are going to fade. You can delay this process by hang drying, but they're still going to fade a little bit. You need to find something with a little blend to it. Synthetic fabrics don't fade like cotton fabrics do.

7. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Scope eBay for Fred Perry. I got a couple for under 40 bucks more than once. If you're willing to go up to 50 they're available pretty much whenever.