• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a pair of headphones for working out

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking this is the best place to put this....

I am looking for a set of headphones for working out.

Need to be 'sports' (and good ones, with sweat resistance and ear sealing/draining), preferably noise isolating, and have an iphone remote.

I have used various sport headphones from Sony and Phillips with pretty good success over the years, but my gym is really loud, so I want to get noise isolating phones, and an iphone remote since thats what I use now.

Any recommendations?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By noise isolating you mean in-ear canal phones, right? Not some big ass Bose phones.

correct, sorry, either buds, clip on's or over the ear with buds that seal the ear pretty good.

jhva3

Reaction score
I use JVC Marshmallows. They're cheap (on Amazon Prime), comfortable and stay in your ears.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use Skullcandy at the gym. The gym tends to be noisy, but although the headphones are not noise-canceling, they block the extraneous noise well.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for something I could take in the steam room, MP3 player and headphones, or is that just not do-able?

East2West

Reaction score
Are these recommendations for headphones that are perspiration resistant?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of the headphones in Sennheiser's Adidas line are sweat and water resistant and have Kevlar reinforced cables. I've been very happy with my PMX 680s.
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_sport-line

I am currently considering buying a pair of these. How long have they lasted for you? The only thing I dont like is that I like the OMX 680i Sports and the volume/track control seem rather larger than the other in ear models.

Can anyone recommend me a small mp3 player that withstands rain and sweat? I am thinking about getting the ipod nano but am concerned about the moisture factor.

Last edited:

Keroberos

Reaction score
I've only had them since the end of August, so I can't speak to longevity. The most popular small MP3 players amongst athletes seem to be the iPod Shuffle and the Sansa Clip.

darnelled

Reaction score
I have a set of Shure -not sure which ones but they are awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads