1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend Me a Good iPhone Case

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

A little pricey, but my Element Vapor Pro white edition arrived today, and it's a great looking case. Aluminum powder coated in white. I was going commando for 3 years until a few weeks ago when my iPhone 4 slid off the couch and shattered on the marble floor. It's a shame to cover up such a nice looking piece of equipment but Element makes some cool stuff.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'm a night/day kinda guy. Since my iPhone 4 is still relatively new, I'm going white Otterbox Defender. Yeah it's a bit bulky, but doesn't seem any worse than my old blackberry.

I typically get the bulkiest, most protective case out there, then ditch it after my contract is half over and go caseless.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The first day I'd let my iPhone go rawdaddy is probably the day I'd break the screen. Design-wise, I think the Apple bumper case is the best, just plain black for me.

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Been raw dogging my iPhone 4 and I've had it since the third day it come out. Finally got one really noticeable scratch on the front side like a month ago. Other than that some small minor scratches and a dent or two in the metal antenna wrap around thing.

I don't know how I'll ever use a case. It's just too bulky.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Same here, no case for mine. I don't like the bulk that is added by the case. So far I haven't dropped it or put any noticeable scratches only : knock-on-wood:

8. javyn

javyn Senior member

How did you overcome the death grip problem on the 4 w/ no case?

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I have their Formula 4 composite case and really like it. I was worried about bulk, but this one isn't bad at all, especially compared to my wife's bumper case.

10. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Valextra does a nicey

11. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

They can also block reception.

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I've only heard of aluminum cases lowering/blocking reception.

Currently using a casecrown case and it's great. Adds almost no extra bulk.

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I have the Mophie Juice Pack Plus on my iPhone 4. Love it, and the external battery has saved my rear a few times.

~Kurt

14. Dan189

Dan189 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  15. nootje

nootje Senior member

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Tiffany makes an iPhone wallet that looks pretty baller status, doesn't cost a fortune

17. WindChill

WindChill Member

My first case was a Sena Cases black leather sleeve designed for the iPhone 4.

Pros: Very thin with no bulk. Stylish. Some protection for the screen, which no clamshell does. Slides in and out well.

Cons: Not as strong as a clamshell. Does not slide in and out well if iPhone also has a product like Zagg Invisible Shield on it, as mine does.

Because of the shield issue, I've been mainly using a Lowe Pro semi-hard zip case. It's the Volta 20 model, in either black or grey. Just tall enough to hold the iPhone. Zipping is a bit tight at first but is no problem now after some use.

Key change factor: Does not disturb the shield, even during the initial application period for the shield. This also applies to the body warmth in pants pockets which otherwise has melted several shields on me. :(

Otherwise the tradeoffs vs the Sena case or a clamshell are what we would expect. Some bulk with the case, but OTOH it can fit a stylus and maybe other small objects inside. All-around protection but probably not like hard plastic.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012