• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a belt

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
Duluth have what they call " lifetime belt " with a 100 year guarantee.
Saddleback do a belt that they claim they will replace if it breaks well after you have passed it on to grandchildren .

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@LA Guy I would like a brown belt that does not add bulk around the waist. I was thinking about this from NMWA http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...linked-boho-belt-in-dark-brown-vacchetta.html

My hesitation is that it might be a bit thin and too dark. At least suede has more dimensions to it. I primarily use it to keep some pants up that I am too lazy to get the waist nipped a quarter of an inch.

Does not have to be brown belt really; actually a versatile belt that can be worn with black or brown footwear would be ideal. I have the Inis Meain belt, which sort of fits the criteria but it is a little bright IMO:

file.jpg

I was thinking about belts from Lemaire as well but those can be bulky too. This one does seem good though

lemaire-designer-MARMOT-Button-Stud-Belt.jpeg

I'd also be interested in some plaited belts similar to this RMW, sort of regret not picking it up when the store was having discounts every week, https://www.collierbristow.com/men/r-m-williams-boots/rm-williams-belt-1-1-4-plaited-o-ring-brown

FWIW I have a couple of Farnese, but due to sizing and style are worn more with trousers. I am looking for a belt to wear with jeans of all colors (indigo, blue, white, black). I have a elastic belt in navy from Farnese but find the buckle a bit protruding.

Need to check out the Etsy rec by @emptym

Edit:
Some other good ones were the RG thin belts from last season on NMWA, hesitated on those as well.

Edit 2:
Realized I do not wear that Inis Meain belt enough, took a look at it just now and should do well with blue denim.

Ordered this belt based on @emptym recommendation, description says grey/white, and I think it will go nice with white bottoms. Not going to break the bank either. Open to more suggestions though..

il_fullxfull.1767715886_dw0m.jpg

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy I would like a brown belt that does not add bulk around the waist. I was thinking about this from NMWA http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...linked-boho-belt-in-dark-brown-vacchetta.html

My hesitation is that it might be a bit thin and too dark. At least suede has more dimensions to it. I primarily use it to keep some pants up that I am too lazy to get the waist nipped a quarter of an inch.

Does not have to be brown belt really; actually a versatile belt that can be worn with black or brown footwear would be ideal. I have the Inis Meain belt, which sort of fits the criteria but it is a little bright IMO:

file.jpg

I was thinking about belts from Lemaire as well but those can be bulky too. This one does seem good though

lemaire-designer-MARMOT-Button-Stud-Belt.jpeg

I'd also be interested in some plaited belts similar to this RMW, sort of regret not picking it up when the store was having discounts every week, https://www.collierbristow.com/men/r-m-williams-boots/rm-williams-belt-1-1-4-plaited-o-ring-brown

FWIW I have a couple of Farnese, but due to sizing and style are worn more with trousers. I am looking for a belt to wear with jeans of all colors (indigo, blue, white, black). I have a elastic belt in navy from Farnese but find the buckle a bit protruding.

Need to check out the Etsy rec by @emptym

Edit:
Some other good ones were the RG thin belts from last season on NMWA, hesitated on those as well.

Edit 2:
Realized I do not wear that Inis Meain belt enough, took a look at it just now and should do well with blue denim.

Ordered this belt based on @emptym recommendation, description says grey/white, and I think it will go nice with white bottoms. Not going to break the bank either. Open to more suggestions though..

Here:
https://www.e35shop.com/frank-leder-leather-belt-grey.html
frank-leder-leather-belt-grey-1.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
To wear with jeans Red Wing belts are pretty nice.

stylish_raven

Reaction score
thats a huge guarantee
Duluth have what they call " lifetime belt " with a 100 year guarantee.
Saddleback do a belt that they claim they will replace if it breaks well after you have passed it on to grandchildren .

nstarleather

Reaction score
thats a huge guarantee
That guarantee is a bit misleading: It's a guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials, expressly not wear and tear. So the only way your grand kids are getting it is if you don't wear it. With a "defects" guarantee you could have a 1000-year guarantee, it's it was made correctly and the materials weren't defective when you got it...you're not cashing in on it.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not feeling the toga virilis piece (specifically the contrast elements and that texture on the metal pieces)

if you've got a style that matches the self edge belt, get it. it's cool but it's so country-and-western

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it faux pas to wear brown belt with black leather shoes and/or jacket

Valfunde

Reaction score
I am not feeling the toga virilis piece (specifically the contrast elements and that texture on the metal pieces)

if you've got a style that matches the self edge belt, get it. it's cool but it's so country-and-western
Truth be told the toga I liked primarily because of the metal pieces used. Don't mind the contrasting details though.

I'm also kinda all about southern/Western stuff so the jtc is right up my alley. Just need to know if there are others who do something similar. I know ace Western does it but unless it's custom requested it's a little too big for my tastes.

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dig this belt but can't find anything smaller than the medium you linked. thoughts on shortening to fit a 46?
It would probably be quite siimple to shorten. Any leather worker could do it, or you could do it with some edge paint and some rudimentary leather working tools. It's not something super sophisticated, just cool.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads