• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a bagless upright?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am officially fed up with the Oreck. I hate having to look all over the place, and pay out the ass for the bags, even though the vacuum cleaner is great.

Going to give a bagless upright a go, since ya know, this isn't 1970 anymore.

I have no idea where to begin. I was going to opt for a Bissell or Eureka, but it seems they all have their drawbacks.

No, I can't afford a Dyson heh.

Could anyone give me a rec for a reasonably priced bagless with good suction and isn't a pain to clean the filters, if such a beast exists?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
conne is bagless, and walks upright.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
conne is bagless, and walks upright.

Please rate the sucking power of the Conne

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Please rate the sucking power of the Conne

ask kwilk. he is a regular consumer reports when it comes to rating sf members' sucking power.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is he open to attachments such as inserting hoses?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Dyson on ebay?

Another option is to look for sales. We bought a Dyson at Target, and it was on sale for $50 off, plus it came with a $150 gift card. We shop at Target all the time anyway, so it was basically the same as getting $200 off.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dysons are always on sale somewhere...check slickdeals periodically. We have one, but I'm not really thrilled with it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man even on sale, my common blooded plebeian ass couldn't afford one. I'm looking to spend no more than 100, but preferably 50-60. Looks like I'm going to have to end up with one of those Bissells.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Another option is to look for sales. We bought a Dyson at Target, and it was on sale for $50 off, plus it came with a $150 gift card. We shop at Target all the time anyway, so it was basically the same as getting $200 off.

Thanks for the info, that seems like a really good deal, but alas, I do not give Target my business.

NSGRBO

Reaction score
have you tried looking at refurb'd Dysons?

dave

Reaction score
I have a dyson and it's dreadful. the deck is so high it won't fit under the toe kick of my kitchen cabinets so I have to use the hose. it has no light at all so you have to turn on every light in the damn house to clean dark floors. (i have slate in the kitchen and bathrooms) but the most egregious offense is that if you have a deeper pile carpet, the damn beater bar will get wrapped and make an AWFUL noise until you stop and cut it loose. I've never had a vacuum that did that before.

on a wide open bare floor though, damn thing is unstoppable.

runner-guy

Reaction score
My wife and I have a bagless Bissell that's made for pets and it's been pretty good. Did have to get it repaired recently after three years. Just had the roller replaced.

I was talking to the guy at the vacuum repair shop and he said that all bagless vacuums are pretty much crap. He then showed me all of the bagless vacuums that were in for repair, including a ton of Dysons. According to him, a quality bag vacuum is still the way to go, even though it's more of a pain to empty.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bagless sucks. Such a pain ***********.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads