• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend Los Angeles based ad agency?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone on here could recommend either by direct experience or just some knowledge an ad agency in the Los Angeles area. I sort of stuck my foot in my mouth at work and now have to help with a potential project. It's actually not serious on my part, but I figure this is a good chance to show some initiative.

I already came across a bunch through the ad agency network, but really what I am hoping from this is someone who just mention some things about some agencies. I actually would like to deal with medium sized agencies, preferably not owned by some holding company. This is actually the problem I am encountering. Thanks fellas.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically like most companies that were founded 50+ years ago: help transitioning from "analog" to "digital" advertising. I mentioned to the company's vice president, who happens to be the son of the founder, that the company website is crummy, but in more words than this. This lead to a longer conversation on a current project. We have had other conversations before, and talk shop but he has never requested my advice. It turns out that they are in the process of, the very beginning of the process, to spread their advertising in the digital realm and alternative media. Up until now they stick to traditional advertising (bus ads, newspaper...)

The industry deals with buying and selling closeout household consumer products, but they are now moving into importing digital items (china made flat screens and the like...), this why they are preparing to update their exposure as well.

Like I said, I am not directly involved with this project, but since it's in its genesis and I have developed a rapport of sorts with the VP, I gladly said I would "keep a lookout and do some research" to help. Hey responded positively, and like I said I can't lose anything by showing that I can do more than what I usually do. He is doing some of his own research for ad agencies, so I figured I could provide some help.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LA agencies are **** IMHO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads