Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommend Chicago tailor / custom suit maker?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alflauren, May 4, 2006.

1. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

First and foremost, I'd like to find someone in Chicago who can make me a suit for a reasonable (~$1000 or less) price. Nothing fits me off the rack, and the MTM folk don't really know what they're doing because they only rely on measurements taken by others. I guess I'd be looking for a Mr. Ned/LS equivalent. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Even a tailor who does this sort of work on the side would be fine. While I certainly expect that I'd source fabrics from them, I'd also like to find someone who wouldn't mind working with the fabric that I've sourced on my own.

Alternatively, I could use recommendations for good tailors who know how to deal with a 5'7" trim body. Most tailors I've found only know how to do short and stout.

Thanks for your help! I think the end result is that I'll probably have to get this all done in NYC when I'm there on business, but I thought I'd check to see if I can get something done closer to home.

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Alf, there's really no one in Chicago like LS/Mr.Ned. In fact, I don't think that there's many in the country quite like them.