• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a White Sneaker for Summer

mykel67

Reaction score
I'm looking for a mostly white (with some grey/tan accents also okay) sneaker or sneaker-type shoe to wear with khakis and shorts this summer. I like a low-profile shoe that doesn't look too athtletic or have obvious branding. Any suggestions? Thanks.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DIY Jack Purcell by Converse. You get to pick the colorway. Size up 1/2.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
DIY Jack Purcell by Converse. You get to pick the colorway. Size up 1/2.
I would agree with the choice of shoe but not the sizing. I've always like my JPs to match my regular shoe size. If you want to spend 6x as much you could always go for the Common Projects Achilles.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I would agree with the choice of shoe but not the sizing. I've always like my JPs to match my regular shoe size.

If you want to spend 6x as much you could always go for the Common Projects Achilles.

Ditto on the second choice. I've never been a fan of that godforsaken toebox on the Jack Purcells. The Racearounds are slightly better, though.

My summer sneakers of choice:

commonprojects2.jpg

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PF Flyers Cousy:
9905.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the APC vans on the left:

hommes_vans.jpg

I personally am wearing white mesh MMM GATs and they give me ownership over the world.

hope this helps.

(I really like the CP Achilles above, too.)

mykel67

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions-- there are at least 3 or 4 here that are pretty much what I was looking for. Now to find them online... (our local men's shoe stores SUCK).

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mykel67
Thanks for all the suggestions-- there are at least 3 or 4 here that are pretty much what I was looking for. Now to find them online... (our local men's shoe stores SUCK).

Which 3 or 4? We can point you in the right direction.

rshternb

Reaction score
These have been growing on me lately. PF Flyers sumfun lo sneakers.

SUMFNLWH_p.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads