Recommend a White Sneaker for Summer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mykel67, May 20, 2011.

1. SoCal

SoCal Member

[​IMG]

Can someone please tell me what these are? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. marg

marg Senior member

[[​IMG]

Where did you find this? Is it on the Vans website? I can't find it, and I need to buy it immediately.

3. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Can someone please tell me what these are? Thanks! [​IMG]

Bass.

lol.

those svenssons posted are pretty cool. do you own a pair?

Nope. Was searching for GATs on google, and some site were talking about them.

+1 those svensson army shoes are insane. any place to get them in the usa?

Not to my knowledge, although they might ship to the U.S. Here's their site:http://www.svenssonshop.com/product-...sp%3Fcatid%3D8

4. Flame

Flame Senior member

I need a new pair as my old one is really destroyed by now, best place to KOP, too lazy to know to adidas store. There is a vintage, all-white version, right?
    Adidas not putting out any all white vintage versions for now, so best you can do is get a pair of those regular all white ones, but the sole isn't "yellowed" or as thick as the vintage version, and the heel cup is more bulbous (hard to explain but obvious when you compare both versions side by side) Price is cheaper however. Best is to hope the originals line comes out with one soon, or even a rod laver or campus in all white. I almost always buy them. Actually there was a version released earlier this year with the dope ass leopard print but the shape of the heel and the sole just threw me off. They retailed for SGD 299 which was around USD 170~: [​IMG] Anw, I picked up a pair of these last month (mine's the black accents tho), basically they're just pricey stan smith but they are def alot more comfortable and the elk is buttery: [​IMG]

5. eez

eez Member

E-mailed them about those svensson sneakers, they have another low pair of all whites that look exactly like CP tournament lows... until I realized 1499 sek = 240 USD. No thanks.

6. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

[​IMG]

Got a pair on its way, pretty decent cheap beaters for summer and they look like Cps lol

7. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

I did some detective work on Svensson's webshop and it seems that shipping outside of the EU is $40, which is pretty rough.

8. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

Might even out if there is VAT to take out... definitely tempted to see if they're any good. I like a few of their sneakers

9. summerdaze

summerdaze Well-Known Member

Adidas not putting out any all white vintage versions for now, so best you can do is get a pair of those regular all white ones, but the sole isn't "yellowed" or as thick as the vintage version, and the heel cup is more bulbous (hard to explain but obvious when you compare both versions side by side)
    Price is cheaper however. Best is to hope the originals line comes out with one soon, or even a rod laver or campus in all white. I almost always buy them.

Actually there was a version released earlier this year with the dope ass leopard print but the shape of the heel and the sole just threw me off. They retailed for SGD 299 which was around USD 170~:

[​IMG]

Anw, I picked up a pair of these last month (mine's the black accents tho), basically they're just pricey stan smith but they are def alot more comfortable and the elk is buttery:
    [​IMG]

I don't like these at all. It's hard for me to see these working in a good situation.

but then i wear white cons all summer.

10. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Got a pair on its way, pretty decent cheap beaters for summer and they look like Cps lol

where did kop?

11. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

12. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

where did kop?

Had them at Ubiq and .......... got a pair from Karma.

13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I've tired a lot of different white sneakers and returned the majority of them. Outside of the overtly sporty ones (which I never tried) the majority fall into one of two categories....

1. Cheap and low end looking like something a teenager, hipster, or JCrew guy might wear. This includes brands like vans and converse. I actually like the style of these canvas sneakers, but when you see most in person the quality is just depressing and literally wreaks an outfit composed of otherwise high quality pieces.

2. The lux look. Common Projects falls into this category. For a lot of more casual styles, it simply looks too austere and/or fancy unless you get them dirty and beat up looking. Although if this look fits your overall style (it doesn't for me), then these are great.

Of all the shoes pictured here, Stan Smiths are the ones that do the best job of falling half way between the low end canvas sneaker vs. the lux sneaker while still being affordable. That being said, I don't particularly like or hate the Stan Smiths but I can see their appeal.

14. Flame

Flame Senior member

I don't like these at all. It's hard for me to see these working in a good situation. but then i wear white cons all summer.
    Of all the shoes pictured here, Stan Smiths are the ones that do the best job of falling half way between the low end canvas sneaker vs. the lux sneaker while still being affordable. That being said, I don't particularly like or hate the Stan Smiths but I can see their appeal.
    I can understand why alot of people on SF can't get down with stan smiths. The sole is a little too clunky compared to cons or vans, and the profile are also just a smidge too bulky and boxy compared to common projects. However I like the "clunkiness" because it balances most of my wardrobe pretty well. Also, my personal style is more japanese influenced street-skate than your normal "BOO-Dark slim denim-cp" wearing SF member, and chunky all-white lows like stan smiths and air force 1s work better in this case.
    For a lot of more casual styles, it simply looks too austere and/or fancy unless you get them dirty and beat up looking. Although if this look fits your overall style (it doesn't for me), then these are great.
    Agree x 1000. Most all white sneaks looks better beat-up. Also I like to look like a dirty skate kid (adult ).

15. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

Target, $8 (on sale).
    [​IMG]

Canvas looks a lot better beat up than leather. And off-white goes with everything whereas white-white is hard to pull off.