1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommend a tokyo area tailor/seamstress?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bic Pentameter, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior Member

Currently, I work in the Tokyo area, and wear suits to work daily.

I know it is a long shot, but could anyone recommend a place that will alter the suit I may buy at E-bay, that will shorten the sleeves on the shirt I bought at TJ Maxx, take in the waist on a pair of chinos that have become baggy, or repair the stitching that is comming undone on my remaining U.S. bought suits?

I buy most of my suits "easy order." I select the fabric from swatches and the suit design (single or double breasted, two, three, four buttons, vents or no, working button holes) and about 3 weeks later I pick the suit up. The easy order place stands behind these suits and will replace a button or take in the waist.

I am hoping for someone who can do more than just replace the button as the dry cleaners does, but who will not insist that I purchase a whole suit made from fabric on site. Am I asking too much?

Any messages to the list or privately would be appreciated.
    (I read, write and speak Japanese, so language is not a problem.)

Bic