• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommend a Savile Row tailor like Henry Poole.

Vizard

Reaction score
Morning All

For several years, I have used Henry Poole for bespoke and Richard James for MTM suits.

I may fancy a change for the bespoke.

I have discounted Anderson and Sheppard (too drapey) and Huntsman (too military). Can anyone suggest a tailor with a similar style to Poole please?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not on the row proper but Benson and Clegg seems to split the difference with a house style that is described as "English structured with a bit of drape"

If your in or around London, why not just pop in shops and see which ones have a house style that you like?

Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dege and Skinner could be a good call. Their website has some SB suits on it that are the spitting image of my Henry Poole.
I used Dege for one coat about 25 years ago ... not exactly recent. I found them VERY structured. It's not what I would call a comfortable coat. At the time they considered themselves to be military tailors. Prior to Dege I had only used Anderson & Sheppard ... so perhaps my expectations were too high when it came to comfort.

After my experience I divided my wardrobe between Huntsman (later Richard Anderson) and Anderson & Sheppard. The more structured clothing was for work. The softer cut was for my time.

Last edited:

Vizard

Reaction score
Why the change?
I may NOT change. HP has my pattern - it's easy - and they are very good tailors.

I have been very tempted by Anderson and Sheppard, but I think their style looks better on tall skinny men. I am more rugby player build.

clothingfun

Reaction score
@Vizard

I had a sport coat made by Dege and Skinner last year and have another in the works (waiting to see if trunk shows resume.)

Twenty five years later (in reference to @RSS) I can say they are still very structured! However, I very much like the look and feel which is why I commissioned another. This is just my personal preference though of course. It may not be to everyone's liking.

I also like the britches that I have commissioned as well and the cutter, Nick De'Ath, that I worked with is talented and accommodating.

If you are looking to try another Savile Row tailoring house it may be worthwhile to check them out a little more and see what you think.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you go with Featherstone? Craig was the best part of Henry Poole IMO, and I reckon he's familiar enough with your pattern that he can remake it and tweak accordingly based on your tastes and his style.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Vizard

I had a sport coat made by Dege and Skinner last year and have another in the works (waiting to see if trunk shows resume.)

Twenty five years later (in reference to @RSS) I can say they are still very structured! However, I very much like the look and feel which is why I commissioned another. This is just my personal preference though of course. It may not be to everyone's liking.

I also like the britches that I have commissioned as well and the cutter, Nick De'Ath, that I worked with is talented and accommodating.

If you are looking to try another Savile Row tailoring house it may be worthwhile to check them out a little more and see what you think.
It's certainly good to get a more recent opinion.

Vizard

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice chaps. Any further suggestions?

TomTom

Reaction score
I'm a Dege customer and I found it very similar to Poole. They are a military tailor after all. Great service and more a felling like going to a club than to a tailor

Vizard

Reaction score
I had a chat with Dege and Skinner but they are working with limited staff. Looks like it may be Poole again.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.