• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a relatively unknown brand to the poster above you

Kodiak

Reaction score

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unsolicited advice for Kodiak: Stop buying hoodies and expand other elements of your wadrobe. I would invest in some more shirts first.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
KZO hoodies are like $80 iirc
who carries? the only one i've seen is this weird one for $200+ http://www.blackbirdballard.com/KZO_...nit_11069.html

Originally Posted by mulansauce
Unsolicited advice for Kodiak: Stop buying hoodies and expand other elements of your wadrobe. I would invest in some more shirts first.
right now i'm rotating between some zara shirts and a helmut lang shirt, and then my standard AA when i need to do the wash. any recommendations? i only have like 2 hoodies anyways, AA and bson.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm like 6'1 and a 40r/42r (depending on how slim shoulders are.. I have big shoulders). I prefer something 28"+ in length.. none of this 25" bullshit that I'm seeing EVERYWHERE.

Yea I like some geller pieces but I just can't pull the trigger without trying them on and establishing sizes to sale hunt. I hopefully will be going to NYC next month or so.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Geller is cut slim, but not unforgivingly so if you're not really out of shape and especially since you noted you wanted slim arms. I think that Geller would not only fit you well with your requirements, but also would suit your general look. There are a lot of different jackets this past fall to choose from.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I will definitely check it out. It seems one of the big trends this S/S is basically harrington jackets/flight jackets, that are cut short with big billowy sleeves. Bizarre.

Edit: One brand that I always stalk is Coming Soon. I think that their black/white chuck-a-likes last season were amazing, and it makes me sad inside that Blackbird didn't get in 45s.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Kodiak - aren't you all about Geller and stuff? NiCo prices shouldn't make you even blink.
Nah, I like some of the geller stuff, but I'd never pay the outrageous prices.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, something for me thats not japanese?

For the preppy guys, I recommend Boomerang. For the darker fashion dudes, I recommend Pour and Velour, all from Sweden.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A great recommendation for all the slim fit, preppy, "workwear" leanings guys, NN-07, a danish/swedish brand. Great hefty fabrics, but the cuts, especially on the pants, are far too slim for me. some stuff here http://www.modezine.com/se/marken/nn07/
nn07_3.jpg
nn07_2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads