• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a Hotel in New York

Frigiliana

Reaction score
Hoping to go to New York for the first time in May 2011, can anybody recommend a hotel , would like to be relatively central, around £100 to £130 a night

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For that price you might get bedbugs. Try the Ace Hotel. It is pretty awesome. You might get a room for about 180gbp.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We stayed at The Warwick Hotel. It's mid-town and we got it for about $200 american dollars a night and didn't have any bedbugs at the height of the bedbugs scare this past summer.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a number of threads here about NYC hotels. You don't have to spend more than 130GBP if you have good corporate discounts or use Travelocity or something... but listed rates will be $250 USD and up for decent hotels.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ace is a cool little hotel, but the area really blows. I love Roger Smith, area isnt much better, but its more central, and they have THE BEST hospitality in the city. www.bit.ly/RSrooms for specials. @Bsimi is the Social Media director, and hes a great guy. Check them out on twitter www.twitter.com/RSHotel

Sazerac

Reaction score
I worked in the same neighborhood where Roger Smith is located. There's not a whole lot going on there (though there are a lot of pubs over on 2nd Ave where the "whattup, broheim!" crowd hangs out.) But it is very easy to get to the rest of the city from there. It's a short walk to 5th Ave. shopping and sights, it's close to Grand Central, it's close to the UN. Subway is easily accessed in Grand Central and all the express trains stop there. Oh, and lots of cabs around -- at least there used to be.

Frigiliana

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response these Hotels have been mentioned to me ,any opinions ?

Cosmopolitan Hotel
95 West Broadway,
New York, NY, 10007
United States
020 3027 7819e

Red Roof Inn
6 West 32nd Street, Manhattan, NY 10001

KenRose

Reaction score
Cosmopolitan Hotel is a fantastic location in Tribeca. You have 3 train lines within 3 blocks and the 1, 2, 3 is right outside your front door. Whole foods and tons of restaurants in the area, a fantastic dry cleaner a block away, ect.
I've never stayed there, but I've stayed at Smyth three times which is right beside it.

Originally Posted by Frigiliana
Thanks for the quick response these Hotels have been mentioned to me ,any opinions ?

Cosmopolitan Hotel
95 West Broadway,
New York, NY, 10007
United States
020 3027 7819e

Red Roof Inn
6 West 32nd Street, Manhattan, NY 10001

andrewbenn

Reaction score
Hello Frigiliana..!!

If you want a budget hotel in NewYork city having good food plus nice accommodation,then i will suggest you to take the services of "Colonial House Inn"...You should be provided with a private balcony attached bathroom, television etc........Other details are listed below,

1) Address: 318 W. 22nd St.
2) Telephone: 800-689-3779, 212-243-9669.
3) Subway: C/E to 23rd Street.
4) Price Range: $80 - $140 .

With Regards,
Andrew Benn.

Frigiliana

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew for the recommendation of the Colonial Inn , looks very nice has good reviews on Trip Advisor, going to add it to the list of possibles

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
off and away is cool too if youre into penny auctions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads