• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend $200 dry jeans

Goblin

Reaction score
I need a new pair of jeans. I like my Nudie RRDS, but I cuff my jeans and the slight bootcut looks less than perfect with cuffs.

My criteria are:
1. Dry. Selvage doesn't really matter to me.
2. Nice uniform dark dye. Nothing like the weird Straight Sven color.
3. Straight leg or slight taper.
4. Lower rise than 501s.
5. No Lycra.
6. Available online to US buyers.
7. $200 or less.

I'm pretty skinny (but not "StyleForum skinny") and don't mind wearing my jeans tight (but not "StyleForum tight"). My RRDS are 30x34s, but even after washing, shrinking, etc., they're still a bit loose, so I probably wear a 28x34 in Nudies.

If you have a suggestion, please point me to an online vendor as well.

Thanks as always for your help!

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ande whall grifters

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
APC New Standards
I was just looking at the APC New Standards on the APC site, as they've been recommended here for some time. At the risk of being sent to the impaling stake for asking this question outside of the "APC Sizing Thread," how do the leg sizes work? On the APC site, I saw waist sizes but not inseam sizes. Since I like to cuff, I need 28x34 ...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New Standards are all one length and quite long - like 37" or so.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
New Standards are all one length and quite long - like 37" or so.
Yikes ... my true inseam is like a 30 or 31. Do people who don't cuff just frankenhem them?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never tried APC, but from my understanding, they are all super long, like 36in or so.

Though not particularly low rise, I would also like to suggest the Acne Mic Ridged or Acne Max Raw. I like the way the Mic fits me better, but depending on your body type, the Max may work. Both are available online at Barney's website.

You could also try the Earnest Sewn Hutch XX, which I haven't seen online, but I believe is available at ES store in NYC (you'll have to call them).

dry the rain

Reaction score
Julian Red Calis from denimbar. you'd have to call, but it's not too much of a hassle and you get a discount for being on SF

bapelolol

Reaction score
aren't NS under waist 30 34" inseam and over 30 is 36" inseam?

prozach1576

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bapelolol
aren't NS under waist 30 34" inseam and over 30 is 36" inseam?

Yeah, mine are 29 waist and they have a 34" inseam

Goblin

Reaction score
Fantastic, will order APCs on Wednesday. I'll take a shot at the 28s, hopefully they won't be too loose.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W Grifters or Cougars, simply because:
1) they are dry non-streaky, slim straight legs with low or medium rise
2) they are true to size with minimal stretch work and minimal shrinkage, so there's no guess work
3) you can customize your pocket lining, and the back pockets which makes it kinda cool. And AW stitches them himself and he's a cool guy to deal with.
4) cmf approved
5) only $160, shipped

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
AW Grifters or Cougars, simply because:
1) they are dry non-streaky, slim straight legs with low or medium rise
2) they are true to size with minimal stretch work and minimal shrinkage, so there's no guess work
3) you can customize your pocket lining, and the back pockets which makes it kinda cool. And AW stitches them himself and he's a cool guy to deal with.
4) cmf approved
5) only $160, shipped

Where can I view/order them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads