Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommandations; Aspinal of London

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bmulford, Aug 29, 2008.

1. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

Ever since a Givency briefcase popped up on B&S, I've been thinking about upgrading my black briefcase as I usually take a brown/cognac case with me daily. There have been a few posts about Aspinal, but little more than a side comment or two. Does anybody have direct experience with Aspinal? Quality of leather/workmanship? On a related note: It seems their UK website is still converting British Pounds to Dollars at an old exchange rate, or they just want to give a deal to people in the US. For example the document case is GBP 219, and USD 299 - about $100 under priced. Thoughts? http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop...-and-red-suede [​IMG]

2. Fritz

Fritz Senior member

I have some small, albeit very positive, experience with Aspinal. A couple of weeks ago someone posted a link here on SF, so I checked it out, and found this:
    http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/eshop...l-and-espresso

I had been wanting a leather bound A5-writing pad in such a colour for some time. Given the reasonable price, I thought my downside was limited, and I ordered it.

Shipping was super-quick, one or two days from England to Germany. I'm very happy with the product, too. The "jewel" leather is a thin, pressed leather though, and while I like it for what it is, I can't vouch for the bridle leather. I'd order again, though next time I'll try to bundle a couple of things, because otherwise shipping is disproportionately expensive.

I noticed the thing about the exchange rate, too, and tried to order in USD. Unfortunately, orders from the EURO zone are only accepted in GBP [​IMG] , so I did feel a bit taken for, but since the total amount of my order wasn't large, I sucked it up.